I have a question about Rep points

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by SeedTick, Mar 23, 2006.

1. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    I've read about them in the rules section but I don't understand some things. Is this like giving star ratings back on the old board? Do you have an unlimited number of them to give out? I got some the other day and was just wondering what to do.
    :blink:

ST

2. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    I will give it a shot, to the best of my understanding! Yes, the rep points are similar to the old star system, in that, when a member approves of your post, i.e. finds it useful, enlighting or maybe amusing, they can add to your reputation! You also get points for time a member and the amount of post.
    The more reputation you have, the more you can alter another's rep! The points go both ways, though I never give neg. rep! I rather just not respond if I dont like a post! Anyway you can get the Whole Scoop here, for the finer details of "reputation"!

3. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    The big difference between the old star system and rep points is that with the star system you gave the post or thread the stars. With the reps, you actually give the member that made the post the points. They stay with him forever. Rep points can be earned in other ways as described by Phil too. Hope this helps.

4. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    You can still Rate a thread with Stars as well
    Its at the top of the thread, Rate This Thread, then pick stars you want to rate it.

5. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    The way I understand is: Rep Points = Rep Power. Seedtick your points given to a member will 1 point, but the points Deltalover will give a member will be 12 points. I am like Delta I do not give neg points, I will not stoop that low, I will just ignore the post.

6. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Okay, Thanks Ya'll I understand a little better now. I ain't the sharpest hook in the box. hehe

ST

7. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

don't worry, none of the rest of us are either!!

8. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ain't that the truth. lmao.