I have a question about guns for hunting.

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by catfishjohn, Nov 21, 2006.

1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I was told that if you are disabled and have a misdemeanor charge on you(I thought it was only a felony) that you couldn't own a gun to hunt.If anyone can clear this up for me,it'd be appreciated.I think I can but I may be wrong.I'm in KY also.
    Thanks for any help or info.

2. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thanks for the info so quick! I appreciate it.

That doesn't make any sense though.My misdemeanor wasn't that bad and a first offense.Oh well,maybe there is a way around it,I doubt it,I'll keep digging some more,probably to new avail though.
    Reps your way derbycitycatman!!!

4. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    Good evening John, pay particular attention to the verbage that denotes involvement even misdomeaner, concerning domestic violence.

Almost all states, if not all have some provision for disabled persons to be allowed to hunt & w/o paying most often.

5. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    John call your local courthouse. Alot of it is up to a judge. Also just because you are not allowed to have a firearm registered in your name, may not mean that you can't hunt.

6. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    id say you would still be able to hunt with that here in Ind. you can with a misdeamre id call your dnr to make sure

7. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    I know many people with disablities who hunt but I am not familiar with Kentucky...I am sure a person would need to complete The Hunter Safety Course before you can get a license, thats become fairly common.

KY: Kentucky Dept Fish and Wildlife - http://fw.ky.gov/

If the issue is firearms ownership the Sherriff can easily answer that one.

8. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    This law has been on the books for some time. What I'd like to know is what are the NRA, and other gun groups doing about it? This is a violation of Constitutional rights in the extreme, The Civil rights groups ought to be all over this also. I would hate to see this go on because nobody had the gumption to do anything. Later Andy

9. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    if its that bad think archery. you can still go out with your bow in rifle season (provided you have your archery tag) you just cant reach out and touch someone that far.

10. catgetter1

catgetter1 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    A muzzleloader is considered a non-gun and can be sold through the mail, since this is considered as such it cannot be labeled a gun. But there are some muzzleloaders that have the capability of interchangeable barrels ( like the one I own) this muzzleloader is.......considered a firearm because of this feature..... it even say's so on the box.......Sumthing to ponder about......

11. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
  12. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Mine wasn't related to domestic violence.I paid $5 for hunting/fishing combo license.

Bad neck and Bad Back,would be impossible.

13. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I know what i would do in that situation say screw the government and do what i dang well please

14. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    From the little Ive read as long as its not related to domestic violence in any way it doesnt affect you, you can still own a gun. If your disabled you can always hunt with a crossbow with a doctors note or something like that.

15. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Even convicted felons can get their gun rights back by going thru a lawyer. If your record has been clean for 5 years or more it would be easy...and cheap. You should start right now so you'll be ready for next season.

16. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    when i devorced the 1rst wife she filed a dvo epo on me this took my right to posess fire arms but i asked the the state police and the local sherif if i could still hunt they both said yes i can hunt but that during the off season i couldnt carry a fire arm , i aint a true redneck cause i dont have a gun rack in my truck :lol: i hunt and use a fire arm

17. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)

cheap and lawyer do not belong in the same post:big_smile: