I have a kat-bobber question !!!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Montgomery, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    i'm finally going to order some new season things. and try to get this fishing season off on the right foot. and i really want to order several bobbers. i'm considering the 2 in. 3in. and 4in. prolly 2 of each. and i was reading how well they help set the hook for you . when useing circles and khales . but how do they do useing j style hooks ??? also i was reading about how much sinker weight each can handle . pretty impressive . but how well are they useing lighter weight . and do smaller channels have any problems taking down the 3 or 4 incher's . i guess i'm just going to have to order some . and figure it out on my own . thats really the right way to answer my guestions . i like how the help set the hook. but i also want it to rig it where it isn't that hard to take down . i like seting the hook. well if anyone can give me there info .i would greatly thank you !!!!

2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Id use kahles with them.Most of the time they will probably hook themselves but with a kahle you can still do it yourself,just to be sure.Id imagine the smaller one will work fine for small channels.

3. akwolf41

akwolf41 Master Instigator of the BOC!

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    Mike:

If you will PM me your Phone # I will be happy to call you and answer all of your questions.

Thanks;

Gene

4. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Mike, where are you in Ohio. I will gladly take you out and show you how they operate. You can adjust them to any weight you wish as the weight is just to hold the bait down in current. I prefer circle hooks but J hooks would work as well. It's just like bluegill fishin except on a much larger scale.

Good Luck,

Shawn(Coshocton, Ohio)

5. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i use the fat cat bobbers 50 to 60% of the time and i have found that useing power pro braid is the only way to go.other braids may work just as well but i can only coment onwhat ive used.the braid floats and thats what you need fishing a cat bobber you dont want the line to sink and make a big bow in your line.

6. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    i appreiciate your alls info. oh and i live in the dayton area . and gene , tonight when i get off work . i'll pm you . do you want me to order srtaight from you . or through catfish connection ??????

7. Bungarian

Bungarian New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Those are nice. I tried to order but Paypal would not let me pay for some reason.

8. Bungarian

Bungarian New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Got them ordered now. I cannot wait to try them out.