I hate winter

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathunter, Jan 16, 2009.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My god I am bored:sad2:

Another month and things will start to look up, at least the end will be in sight.

I started my anual bordom reel buying spree yesterday:wink:

Got a new 6500 pro rocket catfish abu, and a new abu 6600 c4.

I am sure I will be spending more money soon that I dont have, just to try to get me excited about something.

Did I say I hate winter:sad2:

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I know how you feel Jack, Im heading out ice-fishing in the morning if you wanna make a trip north with me. You are more than welcome to come. rollo

3. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i'm with ya on that one, winter sux, all i do is look at my equipment sittin in the corner, i finished my bait tank and now i'm just waitin for april ta fill it, another thing for me to stare at :confused2:

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio

thanks for the invite Jason, i wont do the ice fihing thing, it would seem more depressing than setting in the house.

sitting on a block of ice would make me feel like spring is so far away, i can stay indoors and imagine its almost here:smile2:

5. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    This winter has been harder on me than any before. I was just diagnosed with having a panic disorder. Had a heart catherization last week which came back with great results! A strong heart and 0% blockage but yet i still have the symptons of having a heart attack. In the last month the best day i had was when i decided to go to the Scioto and try for some channels. Ended up with one very fat saugeye but at least it was a fish!!! I'm with Jack....I Hate Winter!!!!!

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    hang in there buddy, win ter will be over soon..take your pills and imagine all the fun we are gonna have.

tell your wife that i said buying new fishing gear lessons the severty of panaic attacks...works for me:smile2:

7. JKrupp

JKrupp New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I hate the winter as well, I cannot wait for our trip down to Santee Cooper to get out and chase some blues for the first time. Hopefully that will help break up the winter and make spring seem sooner to me. And Roger its good that your heart cath came back good, I have an anxiety disorder too and the Dr. gave me Paxil to help regulate them for a few months but now I just take St John's Wart which you can buy anywhere you can get any kind of supplements and it has helped a lot and it didn't make me feel goofy like the paxil did.

8. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Jack,

Hang in there man, when it hits the 40's again we'll go after some skips and Blues.

9. Joey6500

Joey6500 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yea.I can't wait to at least go after some channels,my old lady's getting annoying as hell.:sad2:

10. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I Hate Winter Too!!!!!!!!!!:sad2::roll_eyes:
    WHen it gets to cold to pour sinkers It's just to cold. I thought I had the only annoying wife:confused2: in the world till I read the post by Joey6500. :wink: I have been tying up jig and rigs and the wife told me she was glad the dinning room table was being used for something. :roll_eyes::tounge_out: The nice thing about that was it gave me a chance to annoy her back a bit. BUT I'm still way behind.:wink::smile2:

11. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Joey and Ken, You 2 are not the only one with an annoying ol'lady. But mine has been pretty good about my indoor projects here of late. Tools and PVC shavings all over the place. Says they are like pine needles will be finding em' for months afterwards. lol... S_man called me last week and heard me tell her I was gonna put her back in the closet. Told me to not get to soft on her. lol... Been so cold she's been hiding in the bedroom...

12. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Winter is he!! , Board as can be !!! :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

13. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Winter is usually my favorite time to fish, but this year has just flat out sucked for me. Mostly due to river conditions, I was working today, and on the way back to my house tonight I went over the Ohio and caught myself getting excited about spring..:eek:oooh:......River is looking like its gonna calm down for a awhile, so hopefully next weekend I can break the curse and boat some blues....Time will tell......:embarassed:

14. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    Well this winter, just got abetter boat and am going to have to make it user friendly, got to get it set up for our catfish hunting needs , may take a little time

15. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Congrats on the boat Gary. I'm sure you'll get it fixed up just fine. Working on some projects of my own... If you have some idea's share em' with us...