I hate UPS

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by CatSlayer715, Sep 10, 2009.

1. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
    So i bought a rod and reel last week, and they showed up on my door yesterday afternoon before i got home. My rod came in a long slender box (one peice Tsunami rod that retails for $98), i open it up, and it is snapped in 2, about 1 1/2 ft from the tip. The rod was sitting diagonally in my door frame putting pressure in the spot it was broken. There was a nasty bend in the box in the same spot where it was damaged. I IMMEDIATELY called UPS to complain, hoping to get paid for the item. I only paid $51 for the $98 rod and a quantum iron reel (got it off ebay) but everything was basically brand new. I told them it would cost me $100 to replace the rod and they told me that withing 5 business days, someone would call me and may possibly come to "inspect" the packaging and damaged item. I have been planning on using that rod and reel this weekend and now, im screwed.

end rant.

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Dont blame the company,its the drivers fault. I bet ya got a rather NEW driver,either way its very inconsiderate. I have problems with their driving etiquett my self.:angry:

3. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
    By company, thats why i mean, the employees/drivers/truck loaders. I just hope they step up and make it right. Then i will have very good things to say about them.

4. SouthGADan

SouthGADan New Member

State:
    Lyons, GA
    I worked with UPS over the holidays one two seperate occasions, so I've seen that end of the process. Usually, if something was damaged on the trucks it's due to it being put in the wrong place, or over-crowding, but I suppose some people are just apes with stuff that's not theirs. We were always careful with the packages, but sometimes stuff happens.

Sucks about your rod though.:sad2:

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  5. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    that sucks but to be fair those rod boxes are rather fragile in the middle. I have had numerous items delivered in a long box with those nasty middle creases. The last time I received a long item it was sent in a cardboard tube and I couldnt bend the thing if I tried. Hopefully UPS will step up to the plate and make this right but I would also let the seller know that the boxes he is using are not adequate for UPS/USPS transit. Good Luck

6. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Our local UPS driver likes to toss our packages up on the porch rather than walk up the steps and set it by the door. Last time he came I was recieving my new cell phone. Threw it up on the porch and was off like there was no tomorrow. Thank goodness it was bubble wrapped. Even if its not breakable I think they should respect the boxes contents. Im sure they wouldnt like there property thrown around. Sorry to hear about your pole, hope they make it right with ya.

7. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    HERE'S A THOUGHT, CALL THE COMPANY AND REPORT THE DRIVER WHO IS DOING ALL THESE BUTT HEAD STUNTS. YOU CAN BET YOUR ARSE IF HE SEEN YOU DOING YOUR JOB WRONG HE WOULD CALL YOUR BOSS AND SCREAM LIKE A LITTLE GIRL.

CALL= THEY WON'T KNOW THEY HAVE A BAD EMPOLYEE UNLESS YOU TELL THEM

8. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
    Oh believe me, when i talked to customer service, i made sure that i told them how the package was left in my door. If i see that dude, its going to take all i have to not cuss his *** black and blue.

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    David that could have happened anywhere in the shipping process. It may not be your drivers fault. I hope you get the proper reimburstment.

10. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    could have been either the dock loaders could have damaged the package when loading for trnsit or could have been your ups delivery guy i have seeen the way the delvery guys handle packages before also

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  11. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Careless truck loading is the problem i'd say where people are constantly ordering more & more.

12. thecatman

thecatman New Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    i cant stand ups either i bought some gear and all but the rods were shipped usps and it showed up 2 days after it was shipped and yet the ups stuff is scheduled to get here almost a full week later now thats pathetic along with i have noticed that ups doesnt seem to take care of much of anything at all

13. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    guys im sorry about your stuff it happens. i work for ups:embarassed: and i will tell you what happens to your rods. 99.9999% of packages ride on conveyer belts, long rods can and do get jammed up when there is a turn ect. and when they get stuck the belt doesent stop moving more packages come down the belt pushing on the jam till something gives. thus the bend and break in the middle. this happens alot with other packages too and accounts for lots of damaged packages not anybodys falt nothing that can be done about it not all damage is done this way packages get loaded in semi trucks and stuff gets stacked on top of other stuff so some stuff gets squished again thats gust how it is. and then some stuff does get rough handeling witch they do try to add equiptment to prevent most of this but alot of packages get handeled to say the least. ups does pay out alot on insured packages so there shouldnt be a problem getting reimbersment. all i can say is make sure your package is insured, and no one person is nessairly to blame.

14. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    David, my dog just hates UPS too.
    :smile2:
    Hope that made ya smile.

15. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    We've never received a damaged product from UPS.

Yesterday about 6 PM received a new GE built in oven shipped from NYC. The guy had to back the 18 wheeler down the road in front of the house. The oven was packed in a strong box strapped to a wood pallet. The outside carton didn't have a scratch. He help me remove the carton and I thoroughly inspected the oven. Perfect, just like it left the factory. Asked him if he wanted to help me install. He didn't hang around long after that. It took less than an hour to install for I had already removed the old one. Wife's cooking hot biscuits right now.

Up till the item shipped I didn't know UPS delivered large items. He said he'd been doing it for 17 years. :smile2:

16. thecatman

thecatman New Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    its not that i absolutely hate ups and i know warehouse workers usually dont care much about much of anything with that being said i just wish ups was faster in their deliveries

17. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I sure can't complain about shipping time on the oven, 5 days counting the weekend from NYC. :big_smile:

18. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    I know this post is a few days old , I do alot of buying on ebay and some selling.If the package arrives damaged you must contact the seller and they fill out a complaint.Also they if approved will recieve any monetary damages if awarded.This can make for a real slow go.I bought some windows for a 51 ford f-1 and it took almost six months to get reimbursed.Also I believe that all ups packages come standard with up to $100.00 of the original purchase price of insurance.Good luck

19. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
    I have received packages that I could tell the driver was standing on (FOOT PRINGS) to reach high lighter packages, didn't even open them, took them right back. My biggests COMPLAINT, is when they leave VALUABLE packages that cost 100 to 200 on my door step Without me signing for it. I called them and told them HOW DO YOU KNOW I REALLY RECEIVED that package. Just because a driver left it at my door, don't they think anyone can take it. I want to SIGN for it or I'll say I didn't get it. Have you ever noticed that they make you sign for ALCOHOL. Yes I receive a bottle of wine every month form a wine club. That is the ONLY time they won't throw it, and make me sign for it.
    UPS and FED-X.................................Might as well be " FED-UP."

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  20. HOLD-ACCOUNT

HOLD-ACCOUNT New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    We........learned the hard way. After shipping out over 1000 rods this year we finally setteled on schedule 40 pvc pipes with plastic caps and loads of tape. Even after all of that, we still loose a few end caps from time to time. If the manufacturer sends the rods in cardboard boxes/tubes your asking for trouble!