I hate to ask this,but...

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by catfishjohn, Aug 23, 2006.

1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I know some of you may think I'm crazy for asking this but I really need some prayers and good thoughts for our little pup Molly.Last night she started acting lazy and not herself.This morning she started throwing up and had diarrhea.I've not been able to get her to eat or drink.She has all the signs and symptoms of parvo.Some of you may remember me posting a pic of her trying to figure out what kind of breed she is,she's actually my g/f's mom's dog but they all live here and I babysit her every day.I'll be taking her to the vet in a bout an hour to have the tests done and to figure out the course of action.All of us have gotten extremely attached to her and its about to kill me if we have to have her put down.I am hoping if its parvo that the vet will work out a payment plan,the test and visit is gonna run $82 and if she's got parvo could top $1000.I just wanted to let my Bro's and Sis's know what is up and hopefully she'll make it through this.I attached a link to a picture of her that I put on here,she's a cute pup!!!

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showpost.php?p=227273&postcount=1

2. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I hope the pup gets better. She is a cute one. Prayers and good thoughts sent!!

3. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    It could be just something she ate that didn't agree with her. Hopefully thats all it is. She is a cutie. Looks like maybe a cross between a wire haired terrier as you suggested and a schnauzer. Hopefully all will turn out just fine.

4. minnies_moocher

minnies_moocher New Member

State:
    Coldspring, Texas
    Sorry to hear about Molly. I hope it turns out o.k. If it is parvo you may want to mix water and bleach together and spray your yard good with it. It kills the parvo in your yard. I hope this helps some. I don't want to upset you more but sometimes after you pay out to the vet they still can't always save your pet. I had a friend that did every thing the vet said and still lost her dog. I spay my yard 2 times a year just as a safety net. Good luck. I will pray for Molly that she gets better, She is a cuttie.

5. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    John, You are crazy:tounge_out: but not about this. I lost nearly a whole litter of beagle babies from parvo. I was able to save one. I fed it the liquid from a can of vienna (sp?) sausagess mixed with raw eggs. I took the needle off of a hypodermic syringe and use it to force feed heruntill she got to where she could eat some on her own. I hope all goes well.

ST

Father please take care of little Molly.

6. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    John, I hope that Molly gets to feeling better soon. I understand the expenses of taking a dog to the vet. Hope it doesn't cost too much and I really hope it's nothing serious.
    Prayers coming from Bedford, Ky

Kelli and Mary Jane(my peek-a-poo)

7. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Prayers for little Molly!!

8. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

John, it isn't crazy at all to request prayers for anything that you care about. Please remember to report back to us when you return from the vet's office. Having been a breeder of Golden Retrievers for several years, I know the amount of money it takes to keep them healthy, and it ain't cheap! Preventive care is the key thing in regards to keeping this cost down. Was Molly not old enough for a parvo shot? I give vaccines including parvo in the mix beginning at six weeks of age. You can go online at Jefferspet.com or DrsFosterandSmith.com to check vaccine prices for future reference. This will save you a ton of money over the years, giving your pets the shots yourself. In most states, however, rabies vaccines must be administered by a veterinarian. Positive thoughts and prayers from NC for Molly.....hope everything turns out okay, brother.

9. Memphis_Catfish_King

Memphis_Catfish_King New Member

State:
    Memphis,TN
    prayers n thoughts sent for u n puppy

10. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Well I just got back from the vet.The parvo test came back negative,but the vet said there was still a chance of her having parvo.He did find several hookworm eggs in one test he did.He also said that the hookworms can cause similar symptoms as parvo and the treatment is similar.We went ahead and let him keep her,he said it could take 2-5 days to treat her and that she is a very sick puppy.We have no guarantees that she'll make it through this but with lots of prayers I have faith she will.The cost isn't as bad as I thought either,it cost $150 deposit and have to pay balance in full when we pick her up($200-$500 more) no idea how we'll get the money but you can't put a price on a pets life.Thank You all for the good thoughts and Prayers,we all sure appreciate it!!!

11. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Sorry I am reading this post a little late, but I am glad to hear that it is not parvo. We lost a complete litter of Brittany Pointer's to parvo when i was a teen.

12. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Prayers out from Iowa for your smallest family member .
    Brian

13. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thank You all for the good thoughts and Prayers!!! I hope to have an update in the morning,I'll be going over about 8-8:30am to check on her.I hope to have good news to report,she's not out of the woods by a long shot.

14. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    John I hope the cute little pup gets better buddy!

15. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Keep on believing My friend. We are all pulling for little Mollie to get well. When she pulls out of this make sure you keep her shots up to date then you won't have to worry quite so much. Lord Please put your healing hand on little Mollies bodie and make her well if it is your will. Amen!!

16. young catfisherman

young catfisherman New Member

State:
    ohio
  17. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Prayers sent for mollie WE have a mollie too :big_smile:

18. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I talked to the vet this morning and he said she had improved a little bit.They have the vomiting and diarrhea under control and she is moving around a little.She still hasn't been able to eat yet but I hope that she does soon.I have to call back about 1:30 for another update and I hope its a good one.
    Thank You and God Bless you all for caring!!!

19. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    thanks for sharing and we all pray for you and Molly.

20. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Prayers still sent for Molly.

I take it she must have also been dehydrated. Easily occurs with vomiting and diarrhea in pups. She may also be suffering from pronounced anemia if she had a heavy hookworm infestation.

Another couple of causes for the symptoms you described are coccidia (which is an intestinal parasite most back yard bred puppies are born with) and distemper.

Keep us posted on the updates John!