I hate ticks.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by tomcat85, Sep 27, 2006.

1. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    i found one yesterday tried to pull it out with tweezers thought i still had the head in there went to the ER and they said it was gone. so i guess i got it all out. yes! haha.

2. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Yeah, ticks are a real problem this year. Interestingly though, they don't seem to like me too much. When they do find me, I tend to catch them before they take hold. I figure that I'm too ornery for them... :lol:

3. usmc0208

usmc0208 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Yeah ticks are never a good thing. LOL

4. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    The only thing worse might be chiggars.............probably pretty even on the scale, but at least you can see a tick. Nasty critters either way.

5. shuorc

shuorc New Member

State:
    fl
    About a month ago my wife and i went to Kelly Park north of Orlando to photograph a native orchid, went for a nice walk in the woods, on getting home, she found a tick, normal size whe i got to looking i found about ten very small ones. Must have missed some over the next few days the 'bites' started showing up, about 15 on each leg, now my wife doesn't want to go orchid hunting any more. can't say i blame her much but learned why they sell bug spray.

6. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Wait until you get into some turkey mites. None of em are good, here lately Ive been using bug spray and I dont know whats worse the bugs or the spray.

7. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    ther was a thread on here a while back about tick removal without using tweezers somthing about using somthing to cut off the air and they will come out on their own so you dont have to worry about the head being left in .i cant find it maybe someone else can

8. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    dont know about ticks but if you cover the chiggars with nail polish that will kill em

9. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Yep i "ve pretty well givin up squrrial hunting cause of those stupid ticks. I'd rather live with spiders that those darn things. When I do go in the woods I put spray on .Does seem to help.

10. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    you can spray wd40 . lol i know on your pant legs next to shoes and around waste band to help prevent ticks and chiggers you can also spray it on them to removem

11. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    the doctor told me to get this special tick stick thing it removes them real easy.

12. countrygirl0569

countrygirl0569 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    yeah, i know
    i went out horsebackriding with my friend on a trail the other day, and i had one on my ear
    i didnt even know it was there until i went to scratch
    it still gives me chills lol

13. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I dont like em. I just pull em off and be done with em.
    Off bug spray helps. Spray dont bother me cause when I'm done for the day, I shower. :roll_eyes: :big_smile:

14. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Thankee Thankee Charles will try that wd 40