I hate the cold!!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by catfishingRon, Feb 7, 2007.

1. catfishingRon

catfishingRon New Member

State:
    Earlville, IL
    Well I have to tell everyone "I have the cold." When I lived in Cape Cod it wasn't so bad, but when I bought my boat back in 2001 and tried to fish the Illinois River when it was below freezing, I feel thats when my hate for snow and cold started. I don't understand some of you Walleye guys. Either your a lot dumber then most, or a lot tougher then most, but there is noway I can get out there. My hat is off to you.

Now the best part of the cold is I can sit in the house and aggravate the wife about what I want for fishing this spring. She will stand tough for the first few weeks then the magazines come in. Cabala's, Sportsman's Guide, Bass Pro, just to name a few. Thats when I sit and underline things I would like to have. I got that from her! Then everyday I show her things I like. I leave the magazines open next to the toilet so she can see what I want. She starts to give in. She doesn't so no, she just doesn't say anything, which in turn means "OK" to me.

Nowe that I'm getting the OK's

2. catfishingRon

catfishingRon New Member

State:
    Earlville, IL
    Anyway, now that Im getting the OK's, I am starting my plans. I think I would like to catch some of those Asian carp, and do some Crappie fishing on the river around the Ottawa pool. I am also thinking of taking the kids camping on the river if I can find a place to go. I want to try bank poles when we camp. I am also wanting to take a trip out west somewhere and catfish. I have never catfished anywhere out of Illinois. Anyone have any Ideas of where to go?

What plan's are anyone else hoping to do this year?

Attached Files:

3. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    i wish it was that easy for me to get the OK's.
    I leave BPS and Cabela's catalogs by the toilet and then i never find them again. She hides them from me and thinks its funny when i go look for them for couple hrs just to drool over some stuff.
    Now i practice an old army philosophy, Sometimes its easier to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

4. Graywolf

Graywolf New Member

State:
    Peru, IL.
    BBBBBRRRRR YOU AIN'T' KIDDIN' IT'S CCCOOOOLLLDDD!!!!!

I fished the Ottawa pool a lot. There are a lot of beaches for camping like you want. Last year we bought a house in Peru, now I have to learn the Illinois down here.
    I have spring fever so bad I rewound my reels today, didn't help.

COME ON WARM WEATHER !!!

5. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Gary.... thats something I could do... restring my reels. Maybe I'll use them in a month.:smile2:

6. Krieger

Krieger New Member

State:
    IL
    Yeah the cold weather is really statring to suck worse and worse! It seems like its getting colder and colder every day, I just want it to start getting nice out so I can go fishing again, and as far as getting an ok from the wife to buy some fishing gear goes, I dont have to worry bout that because I dont have one yet lol but when that day comes iam sure it will be the same way.:ah:

7. BigCatDreaming

BigCatDreaming New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I usually use the I'll cook you dinner technique if theres something I really want her to get for me. Then most of the time i have to add a back rub on top of that. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. You just have to pick your moments. I'm not even married and i go through that, and as far as the cold goes at the moment my toes hurt because its so cold and I have those huge insulated socks on