I Hate People Sometimes

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by LEROYDOZOIS, Jun 27, 2008.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I WAS SEARCHING MY ROOM FOR EMPTY SPOOLS AND I CAME ACROSS A LOG THAT HAD LINE ON IT..... NOW I GOT A REWARD FOR DOING THIS.....

AROUND A POINT OFF THE ISLAND HERE IN LHC I SAW LINE STUCK ON A TREE STUMP... I SWAM DOWN AND GOT A BRANCH BROKEN OFF,STARTED PEELING OFF LINE STUCK ON THE STUMP AND ROCKS AND ALL THIS STUFF.....

WENT DOWN AND FOUND A BROKEN BOTTLE WITH LINE AROUND IT...

AFTER A HALF HOUR I GOT A 7IN DIA BRANCH FULL OF LINE.... ( FOUND UNDER WATER )

SHORTLY AFTER GETTING DRY I SAW A DUCK WITH BRAID AND A TREBLE ATTACHED TO HIS MOUTH.... THERE WERE 20 FT OF LINE SO I MANAGED TO GRAB IT AND REMOVE IT....

HOW CAN PEOPLE DO THAT.... THROWING TRASH IN THE WATER.... LEAVING HOOKS IN OTHER SPECIES....HOOKS ARENT THAT HARD TO REMOVE FROM A DUCK OR TURTLE AND ITS DOING A GOOD DEED AS WELL

THIS HAPPENED LAST YEAR BUT I GOT $100 FOR SHOWING THIS TO A CITY COUNCIL ( MY TEACHER ) AND GOT A PLAQUE SO THE BRANCH WAS MY LITTLE TROPHY....

ILL SPEND 10-15 MIN EACH OUTING PICKING LINE AND OTHER CRAP OUT OF TREES, BUSHES , OR SIMPLY PUTTING TRASH IN THE BARRELL THAT IS 3FT AWAY.....

PEOPLE ARE REALLY DOING THIS COME ON???? :angry:

I HOPE ALL OF YOU DO THE SAME AS I DO AND I KNOW YOU DO BECAUSE YOUR ALL PART OF THE BOC:wink:

2. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    I agree, for the most part. However if I'm fishing Willow Beach and I get tangled in the brush and a water moccasin comes up, cut the line so I can get my rod and get outta there!!! That would be the only exception.

3. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    i like to help keep the banks picked up when i can. there are instances where you can not help looseing line. it's all part of the sport.

4. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    Leroy, I tried to give you reps but the powers to be say I have to spread them around. You sir are a fine young man. It seems that no matter where we go, we have to clean up after someone else. Don't give up son, keep setting the example for others to follow. And don't get mad about it. Feel pity, but don't let someone you do not know dampen the spark of happiness in you. Thank you for doing what you can to improve our fishing areas. In fact I encourage everyone to take a bag with you on your fishing trips and pick up a little of what you did not put down. It will improve the area and make you feel better for the good you did. Nuff said.

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I just have to ask: Why did you have a log with line on it in your room???

Congrats and thanks for looking out for the environment and the animals it supports.

6. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I fished alot at outlets, and let me tell you people are slobs. I always pick up my trash and a lot of other peoples also.

What is fun to do is catch a bunch of people down at a place and you start picking up junk.........next thing you know everyone is picking it up and placing it in the trash can that is 3 feet away from them.....when this happens at some point in the proceedings, I figure since I started it I am boss, so I start directing traffic and do less picking up......lol.....

People are like sheep, they see other people doing something they do it.

7. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona

I KEPT IT AS A TROPHY..... I GOT A SMALL PLAQUE ALONG WITH $100 AND I SET IN ON A BASEBALL BAT STAND I FOUND AT A YARD SALE... I GOT A CERTIFICATE FOR HELPING THE ENVIROMENT

I PUT IT IN MY CLOSET AND FORGOT ABOUT IT..... IT WASNT 6 FT LONG IT EAS ABOUT 2FT X 3" AND HELPED MY TO SWIM DOWN AND GRAB LINE OFF ROCKS ( IT WEIGHED LIKE 10 LBS (WATERLOGED)

8. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I TAKE INDUSTRIAL TRASH BAGS WHEN I GO SURF FISHING..... I PICKED UP A SNAGGING SETUP WITH 7 5/0 RUSTY,SHARP,NASTY TREBLES AND I FOUND OUT IT WAS THERE BY STEPPING ON IT :angry::angry::angry:

BUT BOOTS FLATTEN THEM :wink::wink::wink:
    CANT AMAGIN A LITTLE KID RUNNING AROUND ON THE BEACH DOOING THAT :crazy::eek:oooh::embarassed:

9. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Every week when we go fishing.......we always pick up a bag of trash that some idiots leave laying on the bank. There is a large dumpster only a few yards away. I never have understood why some people are so irresponsible.:eek:oooh:

10. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I remember picking up trash at the river with my father when I was 5.I am now 63.Some things don't change.I have picked trash out of the water 12 miles offshore and in the middle of the Okefenokee Swamp.

While living 1 1/2 blocks from the beach at Tybee Island Georgia,I found that a very high percentage of mothers will take their babies to the beach and leave the filthy diapers there when they leave.Good old American mom!They also get very offended when you follow them to their vehicle telling everyone you meet what they did.I followed to get their Tag numbers.Some called the cops on me for harassment and got their selves a ticket for it.The Judge said I was well within my rights and thanked me.I have had husbands and boyfriends threaten me,but no carry through.Perhaps I was not small enough for such.These kind will raise that child to be the same.

This is why I question the use of BRAID,NICKLE PLATED and STAINLESS HOOKS.You lose any and it can remain for thousands of years.Think about it!

I have probably removed line and hooks from over a hundred birds in my life time while fishing.Bald Eagles,Ospreys,Pelicans and Great Blue Herons are trouble!I took many crippled birds home in years gone by when I lived on the water and could feed them.Some that could never fly lived for years.

Thanks.I am proud of you and all who do such.Your work will never be done.Filthy people will be with us forever.

I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

11. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    irresponsible=lazy, lazy, lazy, just plain sorry, and absolutely no home training.