I Hate Driving in A Big City

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Dirtdobber, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Had to make a run to Tulsa today to pick up rod blanks and components and some last minute Christmas gifts. If you slow down you will get run over, you had better know where you are going and when to turn. Took me 33 minutes to drive 1 mile on Memorial Ave.

To top it off a cop stopped me and told me if I was going top wave at people I had to use all my fingers:confused2: I told him I wasn't waving I was showing them their IQ:wink:

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sounds like you had the Holiday Spirit. "Naughty but nice".

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Jim,I used to be that way,But years of driving a truck with oversize loads have made me brave,you soon realize that they dont look at nothing,they dont see you or anyone else ,like zombies .:wink:

4. BubbaCat

BubbaCat Well-Known Member

State:
    Arizona
    Got that right Richard !

5. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    That's what I liked about living in a small farm town. Always received friendly waves from everyone. The fast paced living in a big city can go take a flying crap!! Hate it!! Lived in Denver and Lincoln, Ne. Denver traffic sucked, especially at rush hour. Going from 65mph to 15 in a short distance!! Learned to take alternate routes.

Just love the country living!! Take me back please!!

6. Graham

Graham New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Coming from a country where the country roads are as congested as the city roads here, I truly appreciate living and driving in the country here. And I love the wide open roads here. I was a motor mechanic in Britain and one job we were doing constantly was replacing door mirrors where cars had met on the country lanes.
    As for the cities, they had so many one way streets, that if you missed your turning it was quicker and safer to go right out of town and start again.
    God bless America and her road system.

7. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    Thats what you get when you on the wrong side of the road .:big_smile_2::big_smile_2:

joking

8. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I hear ya, I've driven in some big cities, or at least thru them. Like Wash, D.C. Minneapolis, Chicago, Detroit, Pittsburg, Baton Rouge, Albuquerqe, Denver, Salt Lake City, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose, Phoenix,Houston, San Antonio, Tampa. They all think they are the only one on the road. I make the trip from So Calif to the Midwest a couple times a year, and seem to hit Albuquerqe and Denver at rush hour. Las Vegas is always busy, folks don't use signal lights, and don't check mirrors, pull into 75 mph traffic at 50 and don't look. I look for ways around it. Found alternate routes that use country roads and avoid the traffic or try to avoid rush hour. I think D.C. is one of the worst.