I hate Cell Phones

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Gator, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    My cell phone has a mind of it's own. It will go for days on end with the ringer not working then all at once it will start again, then it gets so you can not answer calls. I have sent it back 3 times so far. Now they are telling me that I have to buy another phone because they will no longer attempt to repair or replace my phone again. Now this is my 3rd phone and something has happened to each of them things like the batteries going dead in 2 hours in use or not, phone turning it’s self off, or just not being able to place out going calls. This is starting to really get on my nerves.

2. astutzman

astutzman New Member

State:
    Collinsville, IL
    What brand of phone are you using? I've had two different Motorola's in a row that like to randomly change from vibrate mode to super loud ringing mode for no apparent reason.

3. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    My dad's does the same thing, goes from Ringing to Vibrate on its on. It's crazy, he has something like a "Kyorecea" or however it's spelled.

4. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    I been using the LG series of cell phones for 2 years now with no problems at all. Sometimes they work to good lol.

5. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    This probably should be in HI, but my personal opinion is... cell phones ought to be shoved where the sun don't shine, on the owners of course.:lol:

6. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas

Like Merle said,LG's are 'bout the best.I've had every other brand

7. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    I love the LG phones. Never had a problem with mine in over 2 years. My sister has used LG for over 3 and never had a problem either. Motorola was a pain. Always something going haywire with them when I had one.

8. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I have a Motorola "Razr" phone and really like it. So far it has not given me any trouble, and I've dropped it a lot. Before I had a LG, Vx, 6000, it lasted for years and was awesome. Unfortuantely it got ran over by a car though.:sad2:

9. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Heck... I just use the cheapy Samsung phones they give out pert near free. Last just fine for me. Only time I had to replace on was after a car accident. It went through the accident fine, I called the police to report it, then left it on the side rail of the truck. Yeah... I was a bit scatterbrained at the time. Pulled off to the parking lot and it fell off and got run over.

New phone, same SIM card, many months (and drops) later, still going strong.

10. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I dont mind cell phones so much. I just hate it when people try to use em while driving...makes me crazy!

11. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have used many and always turn off everything except the phone. cell phones are great items. You must remember in the united states everything is about money it is not about service for the people. This country is way down the list on cell service, most countries are ahead of us.

12. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    cell phones save many lives every day.

13. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Thats why I like my LG it was free. The wife Had to replace heres she dropped it in water was 29 bucks.

14. bill_gfish

bill_gfish New Member

State:
    st. marys, oh
    my phone has been through heck. Dropped at least 50 times. outside clock glass is cracked, inside is so scratched up it is hard to read. It turns itself off, and sometimes back on for no reason. It might do that 10+ times a day or not once for a week. I can almost get out anywhere so I am afraid to get a new one. Had it at least two years. Wife got the exact same one at the same time and hers works perfectly without a problem. 13 y/o daughter has been bugging for one so soon we get two new and I will take over the wifes.

It is my elctronic leash. My wife always feels the need to talk to me for any thought she may have so now with the phone she can call and bug me (boy does she!) any time she wants (except now when my phone turns itself off) so she aint all goobered about me fishing all the time.

15. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I had nokias and always had problems then I had a really bad LG that would only work on speaker phone. That wasn't usually good. Now I have a RAZR. I havent had any problems with it in the past few months.

16. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I also had a LG along time ago that only worked on speaker phone, talk about aggrevating!

17. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Gator, what kind of phone is it with what service??

I have never had a problem with nextel or their customer service.

18. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    I have an LG 6100 and like the phone, it has had its problems with reception and dropped calls, but I know that I have dropped it more times then it has dropped a call... might have something to do with it...

Cellphones are nice and have their place... for me the dinner table, restraunts, bathrooms and the river are not places to chat... they should be set to silent and put away...

19. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I have learned that cell phones and fishing don't always go togther.When you drop them in the water they tend to screw up...:lol:

20. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    My only take on cell phones is that employers should collect em at the door!