I had the wierdest thing happen yesterday fishing!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by trippyclwn, Jul 20, 2007.

1. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    i went down to the pond fishing yesterday and had fun, didnt catch anything but there was a wierd coincidence that happened down there,
    i ran out of chicken livers so i started using the floating chicken livers from wally world,got a few bites but nothing to write home about ,
    so i decided to get creative and mix bait,i had two tubs of hog wild (original and blood) so i mixed the blood with the original and had it in my tacklebox.
    i decidedwhat the heck so i dipped the floating livers IN the hog wild and got quite a few bites,but i had one that almost pulled the pole out of my hand!
    so i set the hook (or think i did,i dont use barbs at the pond just to be nicer about catching em) and start reeling in when all of the sudden i got hit in the leg with hook and all! and as if that were bad enough 10 feet from the shore i saw a decent sized BASS spit the hook out at me!!!! it freaked me out but maybe he was just that hungry?
    i had everything i needed for catching catfish on my hook but i caught a bass instead? or almost caught him anyway! lol
    :crazy:

2. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Wow That bass must have been hungry. I have never heard of them being caught on stink bait. But now you will see a bunch of bass tourny guys with stink bait on Bassmasters...lol:wink:

3. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    i heard that! lol the chicken livers helped though the wal mart toughest chicken livers as they call em they are definately nasty but sure enough you can sling em a mile and even redip them in the stinkbait several times before worrying about em falling off the hook! lol :cool2:
    it took all three of the baits forthat action! lol sad

4. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Trippy,

You are a trip! No wonder that's your nickname!

Take care.
    Cheryl

5. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    exactly people still ask me why i came up with this name too! lol
    i just tell em hangaround me long enough and the clown always shows up! lmao :tounge_out::roll_eyes::cool2: