Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Until today I have had very little luck fishing Milford this year.

We seem to catch a few and our biggest has been setting at 20lbs that my old fishing buddy caught
when we had Kyle with us.
Was out there last weekend when Jay & Keith had a great day,but we were not prepaired for the wind
and we got pounded.

I been out there about 6 times plus the gathering since March.But usally we only fish to about noon or so.

I told my Buddy we were staying today until we felt we had a good day or aleast give it our best shot.Even
if it was until dark.

We started off hitting the lake about 730am.There was a good chop on the water when we lanched but
about the time we started our 1st drift it died.
But about 10min in the drift we landed a nice 6lb blue.Then that was it.The wind started blowing
about perfect but we fished for about 2.5 hrs with nothing but 4 wipers.

Then we found them and we had our day.I dont like posting what was caught with-out pictures but
with the rain I was scared to get my high $$ camera wet.But we tried to take some pictures with
My buddys new cell phone but now we need to learn how to get them posted.

We ended with a 12-16-19 & 26 lb blue.Had one break a leader:angry::angry:and one more real good
fish unhook about 1/2 way to the boat that was a big fish.

And we caught 16 more eaters between 3 & 8 lbs..We kept 10 of the smaller one's for a fish fry tomorrow.

Didn't get home until 6pm but better than Dark...he!he!

It was a great day for both of us.

·
Registered
716 Posts
sounds like you had a tough start that really ended well. did you catch all the fish drifting?

My butt is still red from the beating I took today. Maybe tomorrow I will catch some like you did.
Look forward to seeing the pics

·
Registered
7,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All caught drifting..About the last two hrs was when we caught most of the smaller eaters.It was
getting hard to keep up with two poles...And we missed alot of fish as well.

It was our best day this year for action after we found them.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I am going on monday with my dad and uncle hope they are still going, how deep were you. I have some spots that usually produce but that was in the years past. I stop at perry and caught some shad thanks for the tip. Good job on the nice fish.

·
Banned
3,543 Posts
That is awesome Tom. It is about time you got a break out there without something holding ya back. Glad everything finally came together for you guys. It is hard to beat them days when you have trouble keeping up with two poles. Congrats on a great day and a nice boat load of fish!

·
Registered
7,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have fished the lake for about 10yrs now but all my fishing has been on the lower end.
I know that area down there and have done pretty well.

But since meeting Jay I have been trying to learn the upper end and its been a challenge.But thanks to
Jay and his tips its starting to come together each year on this part of the lake.

Now I just need to catch one over 30lbs...!!!

But with a livewell of eaters at the same time....he!he!

Thanks Jay!

·
Registered
744 Posts
Sounds like a good day to me Tom. Glad you got into them. I almost went out there by myself today, but decided not to. Figured I'd take a break and take care of some stuff I have around the house this weekend. Have a trip to go back in the works though. I'll be there next week starting thursday night through sunday afternoon.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Way to go Tom!! Being fairly new to owning my own boat, drifting is something I want to learn...Sounds like your work has payed off and Congrats!!! P.S. two thumbs up to Jay for giving you some tips:good::good:

·
Registered
450 Posts
Glad you had a good day Tom. Hope it will be a good year.
Alot of the newer phone can send a e-mail. You might try e-mailing the picture to your e-mail address and then copy, paste, resize, etc.

·
Registered
7,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks Kyle,,,yep some of them are going to get to know me pretty good...he!he!

The ones that wanted to come home with me yesterday are going to be awarded a hot tub bath today..

Whats the story on that new avatar???he's a very nice looking cat....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.