I had a nightmare last night...

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Redd, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    Yeah, I had a nightmare last night. Filled to the brim with gloom and dispair. No, I didn't fall victim to some horrible disease or get murdered. I didn't fall off a cliff or get eaten by ravid wolves. This was much, much, worse. I, Red(a faithful member since last month), dreamed the dream that all fishermen dread. You bet, my rod was BROKEN! All I remember, is I was getting ready to go fishing, and there it lay. Hanging limp in the corner of the room, against the wall. I gently picked her up in my hands as my eyes swelled with tears. Then I embraced her as I choked out the words, "I'm gonna miss you gerty(gertrude's my rod's name, as she's been a faithful one...gerty for short)." Some would say, "Well, it could've been worse, you could've lost a world record fish or something." No, my friends. This rod has been through thick and thin with me, and I don't plan on replacing her. Anyways I've caught too many world records to mention...I just let them all go, because I didn't want to make all the other catfishermen anglers out there, envious of me:big_smile:. But pray for me, as I fear this terrible dream of my broken rod and heart, will haunt me for years to come. And I dread that I will never be the same, again. Thanks for everything....

-Red

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    My brother just broke his favoriate Rod a couple weeks ago. I thought he was gonna shed a tear. Got to try and get it fixed for him.

Nice post, good reading.

3. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Breaking a good rod is a real bad feeling

4. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I dreamed that someone stole my wife and boat, I sure wish he would bring my boat back!!!:tounge_out: :cool2: :big_smile: :big_smile:

5. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    LMAO..... :lol:

6. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    With that kind of love,you must be sleeping with your rod.This may be a warning.You could roll over on it and break it during a nightmare.You could also break it while cuddling and snuggling with it in your sleep.Sounds like you need a hard rod case to keep it in while in bed.You could possibly enter therapy and with luck you may be weaned after just a few years.This is one of the reasons that I only sleep with a new rod or reel for the first couple of months.

7. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    RED; Phew!!! Sure glad you didn't get eaten by ravid wolves because they are far worse than the rabid ones.:big_smile: I however am somewhat of an expert on dreams and have a book on interpreting them that I keep handy.After much research and some extrapolation of the books answers as to what dreams mean, the best I can figure is that when you have broken rod dreams you should be very careful with zippers for a few days.:big_smile: :lol: :eek:oooh:

8. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    OUCH!!! Some things are far worse than broken rods.Red,you be real careful,you hear.peewee-williams

9. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    I'm teeelllliiiinnnggg. You're gonna be in big trouble mister........

Nah, I knew you were joking..

ST

10. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    I'll definately heed your advice! Thanks! And just wonderin'...did I spell heed right? lol Just wonderin'.

11. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    The only thing worse I can think of is..
    I was fishing in a small row boat.
    I caught a really big fish on my favorite ultralite rod.
    the fish ran and ran and finally ran out all the line, then snap (sounded like a gun shot) the pole broke. I lost me balance and fell foot first into a large open tackle box full of stuff and tackle.
    Broken tackle box, broken pole and not even a sack to carry anything in.
    I also sprained my ankle. I was in hill country of western Indiana on a stripit. This was a bad dream but I was awake. It still hurts to think about it.
    ( derference btw stuff and junk) Stuff is the junk you keep .Junk is the stuff that you get rid of.

12. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Redd,I would be careful with which ever rod you are holding.LOL
    I know what you mean,it would be like the stock getting broke on my favorite rifle...

13. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    buy an ugly stick and ya wont have that problem lol

14. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    If Redd bought an Ugly-Stick nobody could tell which was which.

I hadn't seen that thread, Gawd, Top Sgt. even made a funny in it. Top Sgt. it changed my whole impression of ya. Didn't change any impression I had of Redd. But it is Thanksgiving i could see the light yet.

15. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    That's a bad one. But some ya don't need a book for. I'd been married bout 15 years, and had the worst dream ever.
    I dreamed I woke up in the cold dark house an made my way to the bathroom in my skivies & as I was taking care of business standing there, what a fella treasures the most slipped outa my hand an into the toilet. Then the Mrs. walks in and flushes the toilet.
    You don't need Dr. Phil or Frazier for that one.
    :smile2:
    Buy an name another rod. It won't make ya a polygarodymus. And should help ya sleep better.

16. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Red, you should really think about getting more rods, who ever heard of a fisherman with only one fishing rod?
    spread the love among all your fishing rods.:smile2:

17. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    After reading what Vernon posted about his boat and wife I am not touching this one at all but I sure would like to be a little mouse in the corner of the room when his wife finds out what he said!
    ... ... on second thought, :eek:oooh:... ... I don't think I would have the stomach to see the results!! :eek:oooh::crazy::smile2:
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Post]]]]]

18. Barry Nelson

Barry Nelson New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    that was a bad dream, but a nightmare would have been it breaking while a world class trophy swam off with the broken half :wink:

19. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    First.I bit.I looked up "polygarodymus on the internet.The internet don't know the meaning either.It seems to help justify my following thoughts about you and your post!Boy!What the shrinks could do with this one!If they ever hear of it,you will surly be institutionalized for life where you will receive a Lobotomy and a very aggressive shock treatment routine for the rest of your life.You will be diagnosed as having been molested by a Blue Whale as a infant and a danger to the world,to have such nightmares.You best turn your soul over to the Lord cause the shrinks will have your behind if they read this one.I am rooting for you and behind you all of the way Brother.You seem to need all of the help that you can get!You also seem to be my kind of people and the kind that I can get along with and relate to.Being I said this,they will pick me up right after they get you.Do you reckon that we would have to wear drawers made by the Southern Bloomer Mfg.Co.?If they do,I am going to tell everyone that I am wearing "bore cleaning patches". They will surly have a time trying to find something to "Lob"with my brain.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

20. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    The answers are always there, just a trick ta find em. Sometimes the subconcious makes it's way to ya. Sometimes in a dream.