I had a great trip to Truman lake.

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Rusty, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    I made a trip to Truman lake Sat. I got to fish with a couple of really great guys. Troy (spoonfish) and Jim (primitivefrn) We fished Sat and Sunday, didn't have mush luck with the fish biting but we did have a great time shooting the bull. I got to meet Robert (fishingbuddy4) and Lyle ( blackhorse83). I don't know if Jim and Troy took me to their secret fishing holes or not but we sure covered a lot of water. They were great guides, they let me catch the most and also the biggest fish. I am looking forward to seeing you all again in May if not before. Thanks again to Jim and Troy fore a great weekend... Rusty

2. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Troy. I can't wait to see that last picture you took.

3. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    If Troy post that pic. i'am puting a 50 lb achor on that front rope.

Next time, Rusty , you are going to have to bait your own, hook, and eat a
    shore lunch. I had a good time, would like to have seen more and larger fish.
    Thanks for those snagless sinkers and the gift.
    Enjoyed jawing with Robert and eating breakfest with lyle and talking fishing .
    Jim
    One other thing Troy, is your camera water proof?

4. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Ha ha ha .. I bet Troy doesn't have the nerve to put that picture on the BOC. You are very welcome. Maybe I can get Troy to bait my hook next time... Hey why does Troy get the only chair in the boat?

5. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Ha, Ha, I just noticed this post. I will try and share a few pictures of the trip when I get a chance. Not too sure about that last one I took but I'm sure you guys can explain it better than I can.....:embarassed:

Rusty, I had a great time and am looking forward to the next outing, you know I only get that chair so I have to lift the anchor up.....

6. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Well Rusty ,it sounds like you all had a great time.I suppose you have it all figured out now where all the big fish are at ,therefore I 'm going in your boat in May.:roll_eyes: Jjust kidding glad you had a good time. Now lets hear the story of the last picture you said that Troy wouldn't have the nerve to post.Come on share it. You've done got everyone curious now .

7. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Rusty, I got it all down loaded and blown up and it turned out perfect....
    I'm thinkin I will save it for the Gathering so everyone can see it, but you never know. I may slip up and hit the wrong button........:cool2:

8. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Troy . I believe that the picture would look great on a billboard at the gathering..I can see it now...fisherman almost pulled out of the back of boat by Truman lake Monster.

9. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    so i guess something happened after i left ,very interesting ,looking forward to seeing them pics at the gathering troy

10. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    It must have been good I seen you all later in the day and no one told me about it, now I'm curious.

11. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    It was awesome. It stopped the boat dead in its tracks. That big 175 horse couldn't handle it.

12. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    (I'am not talking) but Iam looking for some good dip netters for this summer,
    carp, jumping, must have big dip net and life jacket. and be able to duck,
    may have to do this after dark, to make more interesting. I'll put my bid in for boat captian, may not get it after the fight, still putting my bid in.Troy cant take pic after dark. or when he's got a dip net in his hand.
    Jim

13. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Jim. I would apply but after all this I don't know if it would do me any good. Maybe you could get even with Troy and I if you take us...LOL O I hope you have a very good since of humor Jim?

14. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Rusty, Ive gotta a pic of ya at your finest. I'm still working on that last one, computer keeps rejecting it as sensored.....:eek:oooh:

Attached Files:

15. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Yep. thats me at my best. Its amazing how big a fish can look if you have long arms.

16. FlusherX

FlusherX New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I love Truman Lake. Used to have a campspot about a mile away. My brothers still do.