I guess im the fresh bait...but i gotta stay clear of them big senior flatheads lol!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by channelcat_tracker, Jul 27, 2006.

1. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    guess the times here where its the point where you get tough or die. be the toughest you can be and you might make it out. looks like its the time where im at the bottom of the food chain and we got plenty of hungry senior "channel cats" and "flatheads" or so they call themselves. me and my grade are considered "fresh bait" or freshman. i gotta be the toughest and wariest and ill get out ok. i got plenty of juniors and seniors waiting for me and my buddies to get a chance to fight. looks to me that im the FIRST on their list. man im just a bit nervous and am now taking up offers like hot cakes to a hungry man. i was offered to weight lift and football camps and excersising and i took all of them. i know i am now 3rd in the strongest in my grade and am slowly moving up. but, them juniors and seniors are twice my size and with size comes strength right??? what im saying is, looks like i gotta run or fight when im a freshman and sophmore. im not liking this too much. any advice so i can get through this clearly and smoothly??? cuz im going to eventually hurt myself with weight lifting so i dont get my a$$ kicked TOO hard. i need all the help and advice i can get. just a wee bit nervous here!:shame: :sweat: :confuse: :0a36: :0a35:

2. jetboy

jetboy New Member

State:
    Pa
    It wont be that bad, keep your head up

3. channelcat_tracker

State:
    Iowa
    fight man FIGHT! im NOT a fighter. man i got the news yesterday. i am freakin out because these are experienced fighters and im no fighter nor have i fought before. man im in a hole!

4. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    time to toughen up. do what you got to do.

5. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    If ya cant beat em out think em!:cool2:

6. Spencer_Blanton

Spencer_Blanton New Member

State:
    Franklin, Ohio
    You hit a real chord with me. I feel your pain. I was the youngest member of my graduating class. I was always behind in either strength or maturity. That didn't mean I was not in a starting position. You realize that you are at the start of a long battle. See as an opportunity and not a disadvantage.

There are a few basic tenants you need to embace. You already are doing one. You need to lift at least two hours at least three days a week year round. Use good form, good judgement, and good discipline. Strength training is only a suppliment.

Cardio training is the flip side of the coin. If you do not have the endurance to be on that field from kick off to the last second on the clock, you are selling yourself and your team short. I would suggest areobics classes and if you can work out with the wrestlers, do it. That sport has the most intense cardio workouts for stamina. Also work on form and "long" muscle growth. Weight lifting will slow your foot speed. Balance it out here.

Take care of your body. Don't eat crap food. 4 balanced meals a day and a protein shake at night should help you to bulk up and feed the muscle growth. Your school lunch should always include 4 half pints of whole milk. Keep carrots and meal bars on you through the day to eat when you are hungry. Stay away from candy and sugar.

Learn technique for your position. Start with a disciplined player stance. Stay low and focus on your oponents hips. Develop "total field awareness" and go to the ball. Relearning to run, literally one foot straight in front of the other, dropped my 40 speed in cleets from 5.2 to 4.9.

Everything that I stated before now is merely a foundation for opportunity. The last piece is the ultimate key. Be a mentally sharp player. Keep your focus on and off the field. Know the playbook forward and backward and mentally execute the entire play before the ball is snapped. Show and feel no fear. The thinking leads to having no fear. Use your mind to turn your body into a weapon for dealing punishment on the field. The older players are looking for fresh meat. Serve yourself up and don't back down. They'll find your meat to be tough and to require a price. They'll respect you for it and you can respect yourself for it. Be physical every minute. Put your head on the ball when you tackle. Shrug your shoulders to make a plane with your shoulders and hit with all the force you can muster every time. Aim for the head and chest for hits and hips for blocking. Do not look at the time ahead of you as "I've got X years left". Each play may be your last. Play so that you can look back at any time devoid of shame and proud that you always gave it all you had. I'm 33 now. It all ends way too quickly.

Spencer
    a.k.a. "The Warrior Pain Tank"

7. channelcat_tracker

State:
    Iowa
    thanks but thats how i treat football not fights brother! :tounge_out: that may help both ways

8. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Element of surprise!! I always figured if your going to have to fight get the first blow in. Won a few right off the bat that way. I've also been known to lose a fight and go back for more. Won some of those to. A lot of it is in your head. Go in planning to win. Hope you don't have it to bad. Good luck!!:big_smile:

9. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    It's all mental...

They're not gonna fight ya.

10. Big Eli

Big Eli New Member

State:
    Ohio, Clifton
    My dad always told me to just walk away. Say nothing and walk. Once they realize you could care less they will move on to the next "Fresh Bait". BUT he also told me never to get my @ss kicked!!! If you see fire in the eyes of you advasary strike first!!! Dad alway told me "hit em the nose, you break someones nose and it will take all the fight out of em" I did alot of walking before I saw the first "Fire". He was twice as big as me and I broke his nose bad, dam did he bleed and he didn't want to fight anymore!!!! After that I had respect from everyone, If Eli walks let him go but, if he stands you better run like hell!!!

My 2 cents, good luck!

Big Eli

11. zmoon

zmoon New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Being a freshman can be very frustrating.......but you have to remember that 90 percent of the people say they want to fight you are just bluffing. Just stand up for yourself, never be a coward no matter what. 90 percent of the time the fight will never happen. If you do have to fight, always throw the first punch......and hit them good. This will stun the person momentarily, thats when you really strike. and remember if you cant get a clean first punch, if the other person is an experienced fighterm, bull rushing them is most likely not a smart idea. i have been bull rushed before, and if this happens step back and and wait for your opportunity.....

12. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Tony, a real man knows when something is worth fighting for, or when it's time to step back. Just 'cause a guy can kick another guy's a$$ doesn't necessarily mean that he's a man - he may be nothing more than an a$$hole with muscles. Always stand up for what you believe in, and remember that your brain can be your greatest weapon.

13. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    yeah and if all else fails break his fist with yer face :lol: just kidding iv only been in 12 fights my entire life 8 of them where with my brother vlparrish lol granted iv never lost a fight have had my nose broke 3 times but still never lost those fights either best advice i can give is just walk away dont be a smarta$$ and keep walking but if that fails keep in mind if yer opponet cant see he cant hit you ,dont hesitate be quik and on target you hit a man in the nose he will see stars ,if you keep hitting him he will stay stunned if you cut him slack or lighten up you may get hurt once a man falls( dont do what my opponets have done ), keep him down sorry but theres no such thing as a fair fight if he is still moveing kick the tar out of him pain will take the stamina and courage out of most people . just a reminder walking away doesnt mean yer weak just smarter

14. shotdemducks

shotdemducks New Member

State:
    kansas
    You'll find that most of what you a "hearing" is mostly smoke and mirrors. If ya get backed into a corner do what you got to do. Always stand up for yourself or you will get run over all of your life. Good luck and I think you will get through it OK.

15. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    Your story kinda reminds me of my pre-freshman summer. I bought myself a punching bag and practiced power and endurance on it. Once you learn how to hit a bag there aint nothing stopping you. Other than that, show no fear, be confident, and your high school years will be a blast - theres always a way to avoid a fight without looking like a scaredy cat. Just use your head man - I know you'll be fine.