I got to go to the Doctor tomorrow

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by carolinakid76, Jan 13, 2010.

1. carolinakid76

carolinakid76 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I got to go to the doc tomorrow , I've been having headaches real bad now for about a year,man i'm nervous I 'm not a big fan of doctors, but my wife demands I go so I will... I have not been to a doctor in years,and I'm nervous as heck... I was just wondering if any of ya'll have any advice on how to deal with the anxiety? I'm not looking for symoty or pity , just a little advice. thank y'all very much for your help!!!!

2. carolinakid76

carolinakid76 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Folks,I apologize for my spelling and grammar.

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Jeff,best I can tell ya is ,take a 2" hunk of oakwood ,and clamp down with yer teeth. I hate em too,Had a mishap at work today,now I got a gash on my left cheek about 2" long 1/2 " deep,not quite all the way through my mouth. I came home,washed it good and put three butterfly bandaids on it. I hate needles ,and if my jaw rots,or I die from it ,OHH WELL. we all gotta go sometime.

4. airdrop

airdrop New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Look it's the fear responce, fright and flight. Your mind says I need to get this done but your body says run you fool , :) The chemical responce is very powerful and make a person very anxious and fearful. You need to come to a state of resignation ,I always say - will that appointment is'nt today and it helps put the feeling on hold some , you can ask for a couple of valium from the doctor to bring the anxioty down so your a little more controlled the day of the visit. You know it needs done :) you just need to get a handle on the method of control, talk to the doc when you make the appointment an just get them to work with you. Good luck

5. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Try not to over think about it. Tell yourself "If other people can do it, so can I" Hopefully it will be something simple, like just needing glasses.

With all that being said, I hate going to doctors too. Every time I go I have less money..LOL.

6. airdrop

airdrop New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    two things the fear of the lose of control and antisipation and fear of pain " those needles" that make us want to run for the hills. But are you sure you want the problems from a bad gash like that. No one can make you but you , will unless you have a wife with a big rolling pin in her hands lol. Good luck

7. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    As they say , Cowboy Up!!
    Seriously , just come to a realization that if you don't go the pain will get worse and possibly lead to other issues. I had sharp headaches about 2 years ago , it turned out to be stress related. That's what I get for having such a short fuse , LOL!! Although that fuse has been lengthened due to the uptick in fishing trips. Someone broke into my car last night while it was in the shop. The news brought on more pain , then adding insult to injury , when I left for work last night , the furnace caught afire. Thinking it couldn't be any worse , I recieve news of an asteroid passing .3 lunar distance from Earth. I've been calm so far , and I plan upon walking to Wylie Friday after work for some 'medication'. Basically what I'm saying is to take stock of your possible stressors and start elimination or reduction. If all else fails , hike through the woods to a nearby lake and take some medicine.

8. carolinakid76

carolinakid76 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
  9. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    hope its not anything serious. go on and get checked bro.

10. Salthart

Salthart New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    1st of all pray. Don't forget that God is in charge. When you remember that, when you trust the Lord, then you can turn loose and give it to Him.

I'll remember you in my prayers.

11. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Just think positive! Hope everything works out for ya!

12. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I had a problem awhile back, after 4 days the wife convinced me to go to the doc. Well, I was recuperating on my own but I did excite the docs. End result was they discovered something that had been an annoyance for 2 1/2 years and now are in the process of fixing that. It will be awhile yet, and I got to go back often for checks but at least I know what is the problem I been having.

In a way I'm glad I went, but also don't like the process I got to go thru to fix it. It will be worth it when its over. I got a blood clot in my leg in 2005 or 2006, and the docs I was seeing didn't seem interested. It was only going to the urgent care with chest pain that got em interested. Now my legs and feet are better but there is a long way to go yet. I'm not interested in some of what I got to do but at least now I can get around and have feeling in my foot.

13. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    No problem here with going to the doctors. Its their bills that scare me. Wishing you a good experience.

14. carolinakid76

carolinakid76 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Well the doc said I was alright ,but he said I need to quit smoking,drinking any thing with caffeine it,eat right and get some help for stress and depression,bla bla bla.... that's to many rules for me , this is the only life I got and I'm going to live it how I want..... thank yall for the kind words!!!

15. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    At least they didn't send you for an CAT scan. I complained of headaches and they had to make sure I did not have a tumor. $1200 later and they said I didn't have a tumor.

A way to deal with an anxiety flare-up can be to focus on controlling your breathing. Breath in through your nose for a count of four, hold it for a count of four, and exhale through your mouth for a count of four, then wait for a four count. Then take two normal breaths. Repeat this a few times and it may help, it takes your mind off from other stresses as you pay attention to the breathing. This can help if you have an anxiety spell in an inappropriate place, like a grocery store. It is usual to have problems with a doctor; I have "white coat syndrome" which causes my blood pressure to rise anytime it is taken at a doctor's office. I check it often enough at home to know that the readings at the doctor's are higher than normal for me.

16. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Dont start screaming, until they tell you to bend over and cough......I would consider that pretty wimpy for a catman if you did....

No seriously, I only go to a Dr. until I think I see Elvis.....cant give you much advise except do as the better 1/2 says, and hopefully will get rid of the headaches....cant hurt a year is to long to be having those problems.

17. airdrop

airdrop New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I see why your depressed dam the price of smokes ,you think of that and you have to have a beer and a pop chaser will that throws off your eating man your all screwed up LOL all you need now is a local strip bar LOL

18. airdrop

airdrop New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    if you don't have high blood pressure, high colesterol, can't pee normal anymore, or hemroids your not doing to bad :) that all comes went your a little older YUK lol Dam it's so great to help the youngens :)