I got to go fishin with Kutter!

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Fastman, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Fastman

Fastman New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo
    Kutter and I met yesterday evening for some Mississippi river fishing. I had never been out there before, so the whole experiance was new to me.
    He got me throwing a cast net pretty good. Watching him, it was easy for me to pick up on what I was doing wrong. I got the hang of it pretty quick.
    We almost got skunked by the bait. We tried quite a bit to locate the shad. River was really low and they were difficult to find. We finally caught a few.
    We also tried 'Cuzs way to get bait.' We got skunked trying to get any bighead in the boat. They were flying all over, just none in the boat. I had never seen that before. That is the darndest thing I have seen in my life.
    We setup on a dike. No joy there. Just a couple of minor bites. But we did get to share some good stories and great conversation.
    In my book, the whole night was a success. I had a blast. I sponged all the answers as fast as I could ask the questions. And I learned how to throw a cast net too.
    Kutter is a good fishing partner, and a great guy. And I am proud that I have made a new friend.
    Thanks again for a great time, buddy.

2. cross_their_eyes

cross_their_eyes New Member

State:
    Show Me State
    It's not all about catching fish is it? I've spent many nights on the big MO and caught nothing but I had unforgetable times with great freinds.
    Glad you had fun but next time make him take you to a couple of bettter holes :)

Glad you learned somethings about throwing a cast net and seen those crazy flying carp...

3. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    Kutos to Kutter for the cast net lessons and the tour and the company.

4. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Kutter is good people, I am happy to hear everyone had a great time!

Time spent with good people is one of the best gifts we can receive.

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Kutter is a great man, got to fish with him at Catstock in 04. Hey, we did not catch a fish with him either. LMAO But we sure had a blast!!

6. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Glad you enjoyed it, Fastman. I had a great time too. Not often I get someone trapped in my boat out in the middle of nowhere, where they HAVE to listen to all my stories. Thanks for letting me do all the talking. It's what I do best. You were great company and it was my privilege to meet you. Anyone needing someone to fish with, I highly advise you to invite Fastman. Folks, we got us another member heading to Catstock now too. I have fished with quite a few members, not been disappointed one single time.

Tea, you have figured out the pattern, haven't you? Go fishing with Kutter and no fish will be caught! I usually fish alone, that way I can get away with lies about all the big fish.

That was about the lowest I have seen the Mississippi. All the usual places to catch shad were dry or too shallow to find anything. It did help to get a better idea on the structure of the dikes, with the water down that far. I found one dike area that was covered with tree stumps about 3-6 ft tall. I didn't know it was like that. Next time I target flathead, I know where I'll be going.

7. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Somehow I knew we would be hearing from Wolfman on this subject. Lmao. Thats why Kutter hasnt been catching any fish. He probably had banannas onboard Kutters Katter and its been dry every since. See Wolfman, the folklore is true. But your right, you cant find better company to have on the river. He's sure got some good stories. Fastman, you can go with me next time. I'll show you where the shad and the catfish are. Theres a couple holes around here even ol Kutter dont know about. hehehehe. As for cuzz's method of catching bait, I cant believe he showed you that. LOLOLOLOLL. Thats a hoot isnt it? A little dangerous to say the least, but sure keeps you on your toes. I'm glad you all had a good time. Wish I could have been out there with you guys. I'll be back in town Monday afternoon. Lets do some fishin!!!!!

8. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

banana's and pinl tutu's what's next?:lol:

9. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I don't know what a pinl tutu is, but I got a feelin I would'nt like it. LOL

Cuz, the only reason I showed Fastman your secret bait catching technique was because it was his first experience with bighead carp, he was a bit nervous after all he had heard about them. LOL He got a kick out of seeing about 6 of them at one time in midair next to the boat. He sort of looked like this
    :oops:

Binoculars are a wonderfull invention. :0a10:

10. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Just have Kutter teach ya how to throw a castnet!! My brother taught him, he now throws the same way. :big_smile:

11. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Like I told ya, Cuz dont hit his two favorite holes when theres other boats on the river. :big_smile: :big_smile: Caught 4 nice blues last time out. 10, 12, 14, and 15. That real pig of the year is yet to find its way to my boat. As soon as the BOC contest is over I'll hook a 70 for sure. Thats the way my luck runs. I'll be on the river tomorrow afternoon if anyone wants to tag along. Probably will put in around 4 or so. Have a nice evening.

12. Fastman

Fastman New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo
    Hey Guys,
    Im just now getting catch up on all of this discussion.
    Last wednesday when that storm blew in, I was at Busch Stadium. That was real fun. We didnt get power back until 8:30pm last night (monday.) I have also worked overtime everyday (and weekend) since then.
    Im itchin to go fishin again, as I have been preoccupied with trying to keep everything in order as the power was out. Hopefully, I will be able to go soon. So far it looks like I will be off of work this weekend, and they owe me a couple of extra days now.

13. Fastman

Fastman New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo
    Cuz, things are quieting down around here finally. Anytime you wanna go, let me know. Im ready.

14. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Don, PM me with your phone number so I can put it in my phone and call you next time i'm out.