I got orders for FT. Riley Kansas

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by SSG Johnson, Jul 29, 2006.

1. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    Thats right brothers Old SSG J is picking up roots and moving on down the road. I had decided to sell my house and start on a new one I cant wait for that. I hear they have elk on post and have stripper, Turkey, and Pheasent as well. I am over joyed to be leaving its funny though at first I was not happy but the more I looked at it I really cant find a neg in the move. I dont know about cats yet but im sure ill be finding out about the middle of Nov.

2. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    You'll be about 10 minutes from Milford - the biggest resivor in KS..AWSOME Catfishing!!! Have fun SSgt!

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Chuck I spent a while there in the early sixties when we cranked up the ninth divison to train them to go to vietnam

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Wish ya nothin but the best Chuck! Call ahead for the internet connection! LOL! Also, some new sky to fly through! LOL!

5. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    The good news in the drop zone is much closer than the one I go to now the bad news is all they have to jump out of is a cessna 182 and the Drop zone I go to now just got a casa. I still cant wait to jump Kansas to see How it looks from the air. I cant wait to catch some big kats as well.

6. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Good luck Sarge, hope you like your new digs.
    Thank you for your service.

7. Backwater

Backwater New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Dang SSgt, All those years in the Air Force I had soldiers telling me how good I had it. They were just better than you at keeping a secret.

Best of Luck and Godspeed

8. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Chuck, your going to have a great time at Ft Riley.

A good friend of mine was a masonary contractor there many yrs ago. The stories he tells about raising his son in that area as far as sportsman recreation opputunities made me jealous.

All the best to you.

9. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Chuck you take good care of yourself out there in Kansas.Never could figure why someone would want to jump out of a perfectly good airplane. I know you enjoy doing it,it's not my cup of tea.Like my feet on the ground. Anyway be careful ,enjoy your self and hope you find some good catfish spots. I'm sure you will. thank you for your service and GOD BLESS!! :0a31:

10. P Caruthers

P Caruthers New Member

State:
    AL
    Good luck on your new assignment.

11. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Chuck, I believe you'll enjoy the outdoor opportunity's you'll have in that area. The deer hunting on post is supposed to be great, the elk are there but the tag is hard to get, your on the eastern edge of great pheasant hunting but the quail numbers can be great, both Milford and Tuttle have lots of public land, and between both those lakes and the Kansas river you won't have trouble finding good catfishing. Be sure and yell when you get into the "neighborhood", I'm a little over an hour down the road and would enjoy a visit.

12. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Good luck Chuck on your new orders, hope the move goes smooth.

13. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Chuck, I know you'll like the Pheasant hunting.

Best of luck to you!

14. safetybass

safetybass New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I know one thing. The boys at "Lost in The Woods" are going to be jealous if they have the strippers on base at Riley, instead of outside the gates. And, western Kansas looks pretty much the same from 10 feet up and 1,000 feet up. Enjoy the new assignment.

15. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Best of luck to you and Thank You for all you've done!!!

16. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Good luck to you and yours on the move. Don't forget about the BOC and let us know about the skydiving from there! Can you take a camera up with you?

Love your new signature. It is absolutely true, but most people never realize it.

Take care.

17. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    There are a few of the members that live close to Ft Riley. Let us know when you get here.Any thing you need to know about the area pm me