I got my job and I am heading home!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by willisjj, Oct 22, 2005.

1. willisjj

willisjj Guest

Just thought I would let you know that my job came through finally. I will be working at the Oklahoma State Penetentiary in Mcalester. I have been waiting forever to get out of Phoenix, lol. We will be leaving here on the 4th of Nov. Everything is working out well for a change and I sure can't wait to get settled in and start work. Like Jason Boland says in one of his songs, "if I ever get back to Oklahoma, gonna nail my feet to the ground". Thats how I feel, lol.

2. Cataholic

Cataholic Guest

Congratulations!

Mac Kalistar eh? Hummmmmmm how far from Ft. Smith Arkansas?
    LETS FISH BUDDY!!!!!

3. willisjj

willisjj Guest

We will have to do that once I get settled in. They are so understaffed though I may not have much time off for a while. At the interview they asked me if I would work overtime, double shifts, holidays, etc, lol. They are hiring quite a few though so it may ease up soon. I ain't complaining anyway, just happy to have the job and I can sure use the money.

Oh, its about 109 miles to Ft. Smith so that ain't a bad drive for some good fishing with a B.O.C. brother.

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Gonna have to change your quote Jeremy! LOL! Good luck to ya sir. I know ya are happy about headin back.

5. willisjj

willisjj Guest

You wouldn't even believe how happy I am George, lol. Thanks and yeah, I am going to have to change that quote pretty soon I reckon!

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Sounds like ya sure got what ya want. Good luck brother and hope it works out for the best for ya.

7. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Jeremy,

Glad to hear the good news brother. I know you cant wait to get back to Oklahoma.

We are looking forward to seeing you at Keystone 4.....

8. willisjj

willisjj Guest

Thanks yall. My wife is also looking forward to Keystone. It will be here before you know it. I can't believe we are already coming up on Christmas!...........

9. oldprowler

oldprowler New Member

State:
    Mannford, Oklahoma
    WOW Jeremy all I can say is Congratulations and "welcome home" Looking forward to meeting you and getting a few trips to Keystone with you.

10. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    congrats jeremy. i retired from the tennessee department of corrections. the staffing situation was the same here as long as i can remember. they wanted as many double shifts as you will work plus work your off days. i have a nephew who is still there and has 26 years. he averages working 64 hours per week. it seems to hurt thier feelings to ask for a vacation day. a sick day requires a doctor certificate. if a family member dies and you want off for the funeral you get the attitude it should have been you. the money is good but i am the only person in my family who ever had heart desease. knees are gone from walking on concrete and steel while so exhausted and since i had my heart attack in 1998 i have never heard one word from the prison administration. you are going to make good money but it is a hard life and you are so unapreciated by your superiors.

11. willisjj

willisjj Guest

Thanks. I sure I will be making some trips up there to Keystone. My dad fishes Keystone quite a bit I believe. We will have to get together. Once I get settled in and everything I will give yall my phone number so we can plan a few of these fishing trips. I may not be on here quite as often as right now, at my current job, about all I do is play on the internet for 8 hours a night. Pretty tough job, lol with cable internet connection and 4 19" monitors connected together. That will change with the next job and all I have at home is dial up access which really tests my patience.

12. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    Jeremy, great to hear your good luck bro!
    Been going thru similar stuff here myself. Seems kinda funny how things work out , don't it?
    Good luck on that new job and take care. Maybe you could borrow one of the inmates laptops to work on?
    LMAO!
    :eek:

13. capt.kirk

capt.kirk Guest

AINT NO PLACE LIKE HOME,good luck with your new job.
    KIRK :D

14. willisjj

willisjj Guest

Thanks guys. And thanks for the reality check Craddock, lol. No, I appreciate hearing your experiences. Gives me an idea of what I am getting into. I'm no stranger to long hours and hard work and the fact that I am in that area of the country that I love most will keep me going, that and a 20 year retirement. Some of my military counts towards my retirement too I believe so that always helps out. My wife ain't real thrilled about this job, but she agreed to this before she would agree to me going back into the Army for another 10 years, lol.

15. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    Jeremy, I'm very happy for you! Glad to see you getting back home! :thumbsup:

16. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    Congradulations Jeremy, I hope everything works ou great for you and your family.

-brian

17. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Best of luck with your new job Jeremy.
    It's getting where a good job is hard to find now days, I wish you all the best.

18. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
    Jeremy, I'm happy for you and your family. Welcome home soon! McAlester is just right up the road from me. Lake Eufaula is coming you home! :)

19. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    East bound and down, Jeremy, load it up and get Truckin!!!!

I'm so happy that you are getting to come back to Oklahoma so soon. I know you love it here, and we can't wait to hear from you and know that you are settled in to your new job and new house.

20. willisjj

willisjj Guest

Wow, thanks for all the congrats and posts! I feel like its my birthday or something, lol. If only I could get this many replies to my "flyfishing for carp" thread, lol. I really do appreciate yall and its nice to be able to get on here and air my good news. My luck has fallen through on so many things the last year or two that I sure welcome this break and this is pretty much determining the course of the rest of my life as we are finally settling down and plan to buy a house within 6 month to a year. After 10 years of traveling in the military and living in 3 different states after getting out in 2001, we are finally ready to put down some roots and what could be better than my favorite part of my favorite state?