I Got Me A Idea About Blood Bait

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by field989, Jul 26, 2006.

1. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    ok as some of u may or may not know i am a hunter and i deer hunt and what if i kept the blood from the deer to make blood bait

just get a pail and drain it all out

makes sence eh..

easy and cheap

would this blood work

or anyother animal blood for that matter

thanks in advance

Jeff

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

couldn't say but it sounds like a good idea. Have you ever put blood in the lugs and let it congel that way? I have done that either but had read it some where. supposedly after the blood congels in the lungs you simply cut chunks of the lung off and it slowly disperses the blood into the water.

3. Fishnhuntforever

Fishnhuntforever New Member

State:
    Northern California
    Sounds like a good idea! Maybe I will try it also and can let you know if it works out here! Depending on how the season goes for me!

4. john barber

john barber New Member

State:
    north carolina
    sounds like a good idea . I work at a processing plant for poultry and have often used some of the collected blood for cuming up some channel cats and it seems to work well I think the deer blood will to. take some and fill small pail and freeze it makes good cum block.

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Never tried it,but it sounds like it'd work.

6. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Let us know how it goes .
    Thanks
    Brian .

7. vacatfish

vacatfish New Member

State:
    bedford virginia
    Work with the blood about the same as you would liver blood. but watch it alittle closer. seems to do somewhat well for channels.

8. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey yall,Iv done the Blood thing and Boy you better be ready for a mess.Brother it is some bad stuf.I pored it into a baking pan and let it clog up then cut it up and spred it out on a big pice of cardbord and let it get firm with a black crust then cut it up it to chunks.you got to use pantyhouse with this stuff.It is a mess to fish with.I took some to the Keystone Gathering in june and passed it out to whoever wanted it .It is better chum than bait.Iv got about 3 gal left it has been in a buckett with a lid for 3months now and Im not even about to open it............

9. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    heck, go for it, jeff. And keep us posted on your results.

-Red