I got Beef Blood, Now what???

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by CATFISHPAT, May 27, 2006.

1. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey yall,Igot 2 gl of beef blood and Iv never made blood bait.Need some Help:big_smile:

2. Ravensmavsfan

Ravensmavsfan New Member

State:
    Cincinnati,OH
    If your are fishing a small river pour some of it in to get the cats aroused.

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Trade it for some chicken blood which works much better:smile2:

4. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    pour some into the water (just a bit) to attract the cats. then if you want to, dehidrate that bait over a fire or something and youll have square blood bait and then put it on a trotline. i have caught large cats off of it. i think its a great bait yet i got no blood!

5. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
  6. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    That library article is a fairly good one. My personal favorite is to take the blood after it coagulates, cut it into strips about 5/8" to 3/4" wide, then cut the strips into squares. Put on a cardboard box and arrange so the air and light can get to the sides. Allow this to set in the sun a few hours and it gets stiff enough to stay on a hook. When you pull a chunk off the cardboard, the side which was down in still open and will allow the blood to leech into the water. Grandma and Grandpa was right - good for channels and blues.

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    i havent made any for about 20 years or so but heres my recipe after it congeals pour off the liquid and slise it in layers about 1 inch thick then replace it in the bucket starting with the bottom piece working up layer blood then brown sugar and garlic powder then blood and so on let it sit in a cool place and drain off the liquid each day and re stack wth the sugar and garlic each day for about a week then cut up in squares and keep refig. its pretty tough and stays on the hook well and catches fish really well

8. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hye Yall,Here is my BLOOD BAIT:crazy: