I got a nice surprise today.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Dano, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Great day today. I was hauling some firewood to my back porch. My four wheeler was blocking out the sound of a truck pulling up and foot steps coming up behind me. I turned around and who did I see. My Nephew who just came in from Korea. He didn't tell anyone he was coming home for a couple weeks. He is an E4 in special weapons maintenance on the apache choppers. I think I said that right.
    It was a surprise and very good to see him. We talked for a long time about the army and stuff. He ate supper with us. He just left to go visit other people. Got 4 months left in Korea. Then off to another place, not sure where at this time. I like hearing about his weapon training , and other things he is doing over there. Some of it is very funny but I shouldn't say it all here.

I sure did enjoy seeing him. :)

2. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    Amen to that, we all appreciate what those guys and gals are doing for us all over the world.

3. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Thats great Dano. Good to hear he was able to come home for a little while.

4. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Thats great Dano:) You are very obviously someone he had been thinkin about while he is overseas. Leaves from overseas can be quite a whirlwind and sometimes its hard to get to all the places ya want to...guess that makes you a VIP in his eyes. Glad you got to see each other.:)

5. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Good news Dano.
    My nephew arrived back home from Iraq after 14 months a while back.
    Wish they could all be back home safe.

6. flatcatnightmare

flatcatnightmare New Member

State:
    south east Indiana
    Thats a great surprise , glad to hear storys like this one

7. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    That's awesome news Dano! I know that made your year to see him! I got a call at work the other day from one of my adopted daughters, who is home from Germany and staying in KY after March! She wants to bring her daughter and son to see me soon! I haven't met the son, she had last fall yet. So good to have them back in the states, and like spoonfish wish they could all be back home safe.

8. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    Glad to hear that Dano, that is a great surprise

9. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Give him a salute for me would ya!

Darrell

"Thank a veteran" :thumbsup:

10. NCBASSIN

NCBASSIN New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Good to hear he is back home , I know the family has missed him. Those Apache helicopters are pretty awesume to talk about i would imagine. Tell him THANK YOU for all that he does for us !!!!!!!!!!!

11. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    Great news, Dano! Shake his hand for me, too.:)

12. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Great news Dano. My hat is off to him for his job protecting us.

13. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks everybody for supporting our men and women in our military.
    He's a good man. I'll be glad to tell him yall's thoughts. He has missed being home but he also likes his job. He is young, 21. I told him when he is my age and looks back, he will be glad of the decisions he has made to serve in our military.
    He's Kind of wondering where they will send him next in about 4 months. Maybe Germany, he also knows his time in Iraq will come sooner or later, just not sure when. He talked to many soldiers who has been to Iraq, actually said he and his buddies would prefer to go to Iraq than where they are at now. Several things still up in the air on that. Where ever he ends up, he'll be ready with the training he is getting.
    He had some interesting, cool, and funny stories about his job. We got a bad to the bone military. Makes a man proud to be an American.

Thank a soldier, Thank a Vet.

14. the_nis

the_nis Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Dano, thats great news! I'm glad he's back safe!

15. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Dano, That's great news!

I see he's 21, that was my age after serving 4 years.... about a half a century ago. :crying:

I like to see folks supporting our military, thanks for sharing.