I got a new Boat

Discussion in 'Boating' started by Charity, Feb 11, 2007.

1. Charity

Charity New Member

State:
    Inglis,Florida
    It is a real cutie 14 ft all aluminum. It is a 1957 Cadillac Boat Has all the cadillac emblems on it no Motor yet I am looking for a 1957 Johnson 20hp outboard motor for it .
    It is so neat I love it can't wait to get her ready for the river. she is in real good shape for her age.I will post Pictures tomorrow so everyone can see her. I need a name for her and I was thinking for something from her past. how about( Life is but a Dream):cool2: We are going too try to restore her back to 1957 she was red an white. An on the back side of the corners we are going to put (Class of "57")

2. curveball

curveball New Member

State:
    Saint Clairsville, Ohio
    What about like the old song, "Beautiful Dreamer"
    That's what I am when I go out in my boat, one cast can make that 10 pound bass or whatever else I'm dreaming about. It is a dream to be out on the water in God's wonderful nature.

3. EricM

EricM Active Member

State:
    Cleveland TN
    Let's see, 1957? A few of the #1 hits in '57 were Party Doll, Young Love, All Shook Up, That'll Be The Day, Chances Are, and that all-time favorite by Sam Cooke - and my favorite - You Send Me. It would be really cool, nifty and neat-o to use a title from that year. What do you think?

4. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Linda, congrats on the new old boat..... Nice to restore it the way that you want..... I think I'd think twice about the motor your looking for.... To me that seems old and you could be better off getting something newer. Just my thoughts.....

bayrunner ray

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Charity I would like to wish you luck on your restoreation :lol: :big_smile: of your boat. " Class of 57" a good name.

6. richard dunbar

richard dunbar New Member

State:
    Washington
    Hey thats awsome, use it in good health and good luck

7. F150Catfish

F150Catfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Congrats on the new boat! Good luck!

8. FourEyes45

FourEyes45 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Congrats. on the new Boat. We hope to see it when we go over to fish the tournament.
    Have a Great day.
    FourEyes:big_smile:

9. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Congrats on the new/old boat! Im looking forward to seeing those photos. Lots of good music from 57 to use for a name, like Eric said.

10. catsmith1

catsmith1 New Member

State:
    Haughton, Louisiana
    Sounds like a great project. I look forward to seeing pics!

I have been wanting to do something like that myself. I had a early IH Scout that I wanted to get a classic jon to pull behind it.

Have fun!

11. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Congrats on the new boat

12. Team StrayCats

Team StrayCats New Member

State:
    florida
    Well i,m going to try to post these pictures so here goes...................Well it will only let me put one picture up. Any help on how to get more than one picture to show up.

Attached Files:

• 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      33.2 KB
      Views: