i got a medical question guys

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by thecatman, Apr 10, 2009.

1. thecatman

thecatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    hey guys i got a question that i cant seem to figure out........

i hurt my knee in august of 08 and have been waiting on the military to get me in to get my knee fixed according to doctors i have an acl pcl and miniscus tears all fixable with surgery..............now to my question what in the world would cause on my injured knee a bald spot that started out as a dime and has grown to the middle/entire left side of my knee the area is also anywhere from red purple and black, however its not tender like a bruise this has confused me for months what are yalls oppinions on it

2. DANNYfrmINDY

DANNYfrmINDY New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Indiana
    Well catman i'm not to forsure what would cause it to happen but i've had the same type of thing happen to me.

I tore my mcl and shattered some cartalige(sp?) in my right knee about 6 years ago. After surgury i had another accident and tore the acl in the same knee. After the intial swelling, pain, and discomfort i noticed a small spot where the hair would only grow like stuble. Kinda like a day or so after you shave. My doctor said it was from the way my pants rub with the way i compensate.

As far as the discoloration that has me baffeled. You might want to get second opinion from a different doctor.

3. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Which knee is it Brandon? It could have something to do with blood supply or nerve damage, but I'm not a doctor, so...
    I've had a lot of left knee surgery over the years, finally replaced it in '99 and it does good now, but I still have areas where the hair doesn't grow, and is numb; no feeling at all on the surface.
    Nerve endings can do funny things; I had lung surgery several years back, and some of the nerves that were cut where they went in below and behind my right shoulder cause me (according to the surgeon) to have occasional muscle spasms that knot up hard as a rock on the right frontal area of my rib cage, and right upper back also. Go figure...
    I would definitely try to get it checked out.

4. thecatman

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    its on my left knee now the funny part is i can walk and carry some stuff but i tried to run recently and busted hard as soon as i took off so i went back to walking and using my crutches when needed

5. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    id deffinatly be hounding them every day to get me in. thats messed up! ive had problems before with my knees but they told me thats just the way they were and gave me a list of exersizes to help.

6. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Only thing I can figure is you got a leak in there causing the blood to form the bruised lookin spot. Hope ya get it fixed and it works out like it supposed to.

7. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I had them work on my knee for the same thing, to this day it still bothers me. My knee still swells up in the back, and feels like someone sticking something underneath my knee cap. As far as I can tell it didnt do much good, before or after the surgery.

8. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Check to see if your state has a dept of vererans affairs. Oklahoma has its own deptnad they can get thing done a lot faster than the reg. DVA.

The bald spot is for a combination of damage and the way your pants rubs you leg. At least that is what my Doc told me on mine. Check to see if they will get inserts for your shoes that help mine.

9. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Sorry to hear you are having to wait. I have the same things wrong with my knees; torn ligaments in one and a ruptured meniscus in the other. The V.A. hospital in Salem Va. has taken real good care of me....even though I refused the surgery. They can remove the meniscus, but it usually results in early arthritis, so it didn't sound like a good plan to me. Anyway, the VA took me right in and did MRIs, Sonograms, CT scans, X Rays, and the whole nine yards.
    When I can fit the 6-10 week recovery time into my life, I may get the surgery done.

10. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio
    Well Brandon it sounds like the cartlig inbetween the knee cap has deterated.

11. thecatman

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    yeah i know for a fact that the miniscus is pretty well ruined which is that cartidge in between your knee cap and knee i dont think that it is nerve damage due to the fact that i still have all the feeling in that part of my knee but i could be wrong