I got a bow

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by Catfish Jaw, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Catfish Jaw

Catfish Jaw New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    the bow I got was my friends dads bow. It's a BEAR Whitetail Hunter

yall' think it's a good bow? I do

2. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Any bow you can hit the target with is a good bow. I hope it brings you years of fun.

3. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    If the bow fits you correctly and if you are comfortable shooting it, then yes, it's a good bow for you. Good luck with the bow!!:big_smile:

4. Txbluecatman

Txbluecatman Member

State:
    Texas
    Congrats on the bow. Now the work starts. I hope you can get it fit and tuned for you. Then pratice, pratice, and pratice some more.

5. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Justin, congrats on the new bow. Im new to this myself, just ask and you will get answers here. Theres alot of talented folks here that have a wealth of knowledge. Happy shooting buddy. :big_smile:

6. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    that's the bow i shoot. a little heavy for all the walking i do while bowhunting, but i have taken two deer in the last two years with it. mine has never failed me. the only problems i have ever had was putting on new rests and sights incorrectly, and that was me not the bow. have fun getting into a new sport!

7. rairdog

rairdog New Member

State:
    IN
    That is a great starter bow. If you stick with the sport you can upgrade later. I know a lot of bowhunters including myself that started with that bow. Some of them refuse to give it up and upgrade because it will outlast any of the new fast high tech bows.

8. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    The old bow will serve a man fine. I would closely inspect the string and replace if there are any doubts. They don't cost much and save it coming apart. Get er dialed in and shoot as much as you possibly can. it's a wonderful way to enjoy the woods. Good luck, and feel free to ask if ya need help in anyway, like Ozzy said there are lots of seasoned archers here that will help anyway they can.

9. Catfish Jaw

Catfish Jaw New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    yea I got one of the workers in the bow department to check the string and they waxed it and said it was fine and it doesn't need to be replaced.

10. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Cool beans, sounds like your ready to rock n roll. good luck

11. Catfish Jaw

Catfish Jaw New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    you bow huntin this year?

12. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Yessir, if ya call going once huntin:smile2::smile2::smile2: I did luck up and double up saturday evenin. Just got thru eatin enuff of it for a small army.Hopefully it'll be cool this weekend and i can find something with some horns. If not the freezer has room for another slick head.:wink: