I got a boat!

Discussion in 'Boating' started by BigCatDreaming, Jan 25, 2007.

1. BigCatDreaming

BigCatDreaming New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yes it has finally happened. I've been asking around for a boat and if by some strange force of nature, POOF! A boat for sale appeared in front of someones house not 50 yards from my house. Soon I will post up some picutres of it after I make some modifications to it and make it look more presentable. Just so happy I had to share!:big_smile:

2. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    John, Congrats on the boat, funny how things work out sometimes!!! Hope you catch abunch of fish with it!

3. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    Congrats John,

You have now entered into a new realm of fishing...one that I am sure you will not be dissappointed with.

Ryan

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Congrats man, we got our first boat last Spring, and then very recently actually got a new pontoon boat also, I think we are covered now..lol

Can't wait to see the pictures!

5. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    congrats on the new boat.... now it's off the banks and into the rivers and lakes.... more stuff to buy, welcome to the world of boat. Boat is a 4 letter word.... called work....

byrunner ray

6. Pontoon

Pontoon New Member

State:
    California
    Congratulations John! I've been waiting for a boat myself. It's always good to hear about someone getting one.

7. Gone Fishin'

Gone Fishin' New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Congrats on the new boat! Can't wait to see some pics of it. Now you just gotta break er' in

8. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Awesome! Congratulations on the new boat. Now go get on them catfish!

9. keithcatfish

keithcatfish New Member

State:
    Maryville, TN
    Congrats! Now get a shop manual and a tool set, you will need it. I wish this wasn't the truth but it is.

10. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    congrats on the boat! ready to see some pics of the new rig. I bought a boat last year and my dad told me "the only thing better than having a boat is having a friend with a boat" I believe him now, lol. but u will love having a boat and going to the cats, it's awesome. post some pics!

11. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    Good you...congrats...enjoy.

12. SassyManxLady

SassyManxLady New Member

State:
    MO
    John,
    CONGRATULATIONS on your new boat! I know you are going to love it. When you get it you will spend a lot of time just looking at it and setting in it until you can get it n the water J
    I know I loved my first one. I was 35 years old before I ever owned a boat and I had raised many a bottle calve to save up enough money to get that boat.
    My first make shift boat was a tractor inner-tube, which I would set in and then paddle myself out into the lake or river and then set in it and fish from it. If you were lucky enough to hook a nice size fish it would drag your happy butt all over the place before you got it landed and then the trip back to shore was quite a ordeal, however it would make you more determined to work harder towards getting that boat.
    Sassy