I got (2) Ambassadeur 6000 reels

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by kycatman01, Jan 9, 2007.

1. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I bought (2) of these reels. Has anyone had good luck with them?

2. special liberty

special liberty New Member

State:
    Maryland
    I have two - if anybody want to trade Penns for Abu 6000's PM me!!!

3. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I have and have had many of them and they always served me well!!!

4. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    Hey look JW another person that would gladly give up his Abu's for a much better Penn. I also have an Abu 6000 that I would trade for a Penn reel. I probally would throw the rod in too to even the trade if I have too.

5. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have a lot of ABU's and [1] Penn for the price you can not beat a 6000

6. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Why throw in the rod, LOL!!! You are already trading DOWN anyway, don't beat yourself, LMAO!!!Anyone that would trade a 59.00 reel for a reel that isn't worth more that 35.00 is crazy, LMAO!!!

7. special liberty

State:
    Maryland
    Okay - I've been drinking while typing- I would trade my Penns for Abu's not the other way around. I started with several makes and models; settled on Abu's - 6000. 6500's of all flavors. Nothing against Penn fans, I just prefer Abu's - seriously, if anybody wants to swap a like new Penn 320 GTi for any flavor of Abu 6000 or better in like new condition, PM me and we'll set something up.

8. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    I may be interested in that deal, have many abu's to choose from. Been wanting a Penn here lately, all this talk makes me want to prove to myself which one i prefer.

Wheelmobile07

9. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I have a couple and liked them so much I bought one for each of my uncles. Matched with a white Shakespeare Ugly Stick. A good combo for most of the fishing we do.

10. k5camaro

k5camaro New Member

State:
    texas
    i mostly have a 5000 series abu, and they have held up well so far.But the baitclick on the 6000 is also nice to have

11. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Depending on the model of Penn, they are pretty cheap on eBay. Most would rather have an Abu or Shimano. I recently bought a Penn 209 off ebay for $17. No visible wear or marks on the reel except a slight scratch on one of the side p lates. Casts well too. My other 209 came from a pawn shop, $30, again, almost new, no signs of wear.

As for the Abu 6000, its a decent reel for general catfishing.

12. special liberty

State:
    Maryland
    Seriously, I have a like new PENN 320GT2, level wind, non-line counter reel I bought new at the Cabelas in Michigan back in Sept 06. Used it maybe 5-8 times. I paid something like $75-85 for it. I don't have the box any longer but I could probably find the owners manual. Thing looks and operates like new. I simply prefer Abu's and if somebody has an Abu 6500C3 or C4 or 7000 in similar condition; I'm willing to trade. PM me.

13. micah5634

micah5634 New Member

State:
    mo
    Iam just wondering why you prefer the abu i have a new abu 7000c3i and have been thinking about buying a new penn to try along side the abu to see which one i prefer is their somr reason you prefer the abu it may just save me the trouble and expense and having to buy a penn just to try.

14. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC Kevin and Micah!

I do not think a person could go wrong with either Penn or ABU reels. They are both well tested in the field. Some reels just feel better to a person casting or retrieving. I just sold a 6600CL Rocket nothing wrong at all with the reel I just did not like the thumb bar casting. It just seemed awkward to me. Now I have a BPS catmaxx and a Roddy by Penn with the thumb cast that I do like and use a lot. But my best reels are my ABU 7000 and 9000 big game reels.

15. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Thanks alot, guys! They seem to cast well but I haven't locked into a nice one, yet. Wish me luck and the same to you all!

16. catfishtonyd

catfishtonyd New Member

State:
    georgia
    I have abu 6000 and 6500 and 7000. I like them all. The 6000 cast just a far as the others. For the price I don't think you can go wrong. I would say something about the Penn reels but I don't think my Abu's are going the ever wear out.

17. F1shermun

F1shermun New Member

State:
    Ft. Gibson, OK
    I fish with both Penn and Abu's. The Penn reels are nearly bullet proof but the lower end models dont cast well. I have found that the Abu's cast well and have a good drag for the money, but they require a lot of cleaning.

18. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I have a 5000 and 6000 both has serve well. I use the 5000 for bass and the 6000 for cats.

19. special liberty

State:
    Maryland
    Looks like my Penn 320 will be trading homes with an Abu 6500C3. Nothing against the PENN, I just prefer Abu's.

20. special liberty

State:
    Maryland
    Pictures for BRAVESNFLATS25

Attached Files: