I get A boat under one condition

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by Kojak, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Well after the gathering I came home with boat fever....again. Seems to always happen this time of year. Anyway, the love of my life made me a deal.. I sell our 99 Suburban, I can buy a boat with the money. So, today I posted an add in the Trader: Suburban for sale or trade for nice boat...sounds catchy huh. So if any of you know of anyone looking for a nice truck let me know, it will only help my cause.

2. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Will do! When you get the boat I think I should go fishing with you just to make sure it is safe :wink:

3. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    oh sure... already wanting to get rid of me as your fishing partner. I see how it is.

4. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Naw, you can come along too. Kojak and I need someone to get our bait for us!:smile2:

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    kojak it was great to finally meet you at the gathering. I hope you find the boat you are looking for.

6. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Well, if I get a big enough one ill just take everyone...I think a good place to test would be Baldwin, but thats a far way for me if something goes wrong lol. And BTW catching bait for us could be a full time job, im sure we would keep you busy.

7. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
  8. rob128146

rob128146 New Member

State:
    Rockwell, North Carolina
    Way to go dude!!!:cool2::big_smile: I would rather have a boat than have something to drive!!! Good choose!:smile2:

9. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    A suburban is a mighty fine tow vehicle:smile2:
    Is that a firm contract?

10. Migrator83

Migrator83 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Better sell that truck then, I'd sell mine for a boat, but then I would have nothing to tow it. So for now I'll fish from my bro's boat

11. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have the baby brother of the suburban to tow the boat. I also have a Blazer that is equally as nice, with a few more options to boot, it just gets better gas mileage.

12. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    sounds like a great plan, i hope you have something to pull the boat with

13. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    Good luck. with gas prices it may be hard to sell.

14. cathooked

cathooked New Member

State:
    north carolina
    good luck on the trade,youll be better off with the boat,it dont use as much fuel as the truck,lol but ya better have summin to pull it with....

15. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    three words... get a pontoon. i drove one on rend and fished from it on monday. man, it was nice. plenty of room and the doors on the side make a great place to land a fish

16. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    A pontoon boat would be fun. I think that is what I will get someday. That way got the G3 bass boat and then a comfort catfish boat. :smile2:

17. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I wanted to say thank you for helping get everything unloaded and ready for the day of the Gathering...It was a real treat meeting you and wish you luck in finding a great fishing boat...I know how it is to be with out one and not have the option to get out on the water...

Talk to ya soon and we will meet again...

Paul and Sally:wink:

18. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    if ya dont mind me askin, what happened to the one we used last year?

19. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    That was my brother in laws boat. I used to be able to use it anytime I wanted since his dad and I did most of the work to it..The hard work paid off he was able to sell it fast, guess he needed the money. He offered to sell it to me, but at that time I wasn't wanting to buy it cause it wasn't really what I wanted. It was a nice boat, just looking for something newer. Oh, and as for a pontoon..I don't know if I would like one of those, seems like alot of boat to unload and load up in a hurry. I don't know Ill keep my options open for now. I don't want to rush into something that I will not like in a couple months. I appreciate all the suggestions, keep em coming.

20. RiverMedic

RiverMedic New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I would really like the room of the pontoon, but things being as they are ,(fuel prices) i have purchased a 9.9 johnson with a 15hp. kit and am currently waiting for the prices to go down a little in the fall so I can purchase a 16 ft. jon. Wont go anywhere fast but it will go to my trotline area and back within a hour and a half, there and back, In the meantime i am using a 12ft. lake boat and a 17 ft. square stern canoe, which by the way the johnson makes the canoe fly, but speed doesn't make that much difference to me. Just a few things I am considering, hope this helps you.