I found the best rod.

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by micah5634, Jan 24, 2007.

1. micah5634

micah5634 New Member

State:
    mo
    I have been looking at and buying every rod that i can think of now i have not used any of these rods this is just a comparison of the fit and finish and price and this is just my thoughts. I bought a surge -quantum bigcat-bass pro catmaxx-and ugly stik tiger rod as far as price and the quality of the eyes, handles ,and finish the tiger rod at 55.00 is by far the best rod i have found.I know this has nothing to do with how the rods works but iam very picking about looks and what i feel like iam getting for my money.I will say this the surge rod is one of the strongest rods i have ever seen if they would put a real cork handle on them they would be right up their with the tiger rod.Again this is just my opinion and this cost me a few hundred dollars so i thought i would share

2. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    I LIKE THE UGLY TIGER MYSELF, I ALSO LIKE THE JIM MOYER AND I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A SURGE ROD.

3. mississippi man

mississippi man New Member

State:
    Godfrey, Illino
    Won't use anything but a surge ever again, only 20$ more and guaranteed for life! I don't even need the guarantee though, because this one is tough.

4. micah5634

micah5634 New Member

State:
    mo
    the place that i got a surge rod said the warranty is only 5 years.and they really did not where you would send it to get it replaced under warranty.they said they will not warranty them in the store

5. TxRiverman

TxRiverman New Member

State:
    Lockhart Tx
    Where can i find some info on these "surge rods"?

6. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Aaron, Catfish Connection has them on their website.

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Micah thanks for sharing. I either own or have handled all the rods you mentioned and would agree with your assessment. There are a lot of good rods on the market and plent of actions to choose from. Since you have purchased all of those rods, are you going to keep and use them or select the ones you like and sell the rest?:lol:

8. micah5634

micah5634 New Member

State:
    mo
    I already sold all of them but the 2 tigers to friends but i think i will buy a med/heavy surge to see how i like the action on it i had the heavy and would like a little more limber tip.