I found a new fishing spot?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by CJ21, Dec 25, 2007.

1. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    But I have a question, I found a spot below the dam and it has a fence around the deck I guess it keeps you from falling in, but you have throw your reel over the fence, my sister cant throw her rod and reel over the fence. So it really wont be a good family fishing spot. But I am wondering is it good catfish above the dam in the Lake? its has Blues and Channels, also stripers, bass, crappie, and other fish.

2. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I have caught some good fish above dams in lakes and rivers, simply because the baitfish stack up against those walls sometimes. might be worth a try, be interesting if you hook into a monster pulling it up over that fence though.:eek:oooh:

3. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Maybe Travis, that would be a lot of fun.

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Sounds like a spot CJ! :wink::cool2::big_smile:
    You may be better off making a gaff hook. All you'll need is a long dowel rod or something similar and a 10/0 or bigger treble or khale hook. I made one the other day with an old push sweeper handle(not electric-just run back and forth sweeper) and mounted a 10/o khale hook on it. I'll be getting pics up soon and how to make one real easy! Its short,little under 4' but working on on extension. It also held 33lbs of hold on the mount,afraid to test higher...LOL!:big_smile:

5. CatAngler

CatAngler New Member

State:
    Omaha NE
    Sounds like a decent spot. There's only one way to find out.:cool2:

J

6. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Any way to cast up to the dam without casting over the fence? It will be very difficult, if not impossible to land a fish under that circumstance.

7. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    That what I say Matt!