I Found $500 (cash) This Morning

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by H2O Mellon, Jul 21, 2008.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I took my sister to the bank drive thru this morning. When we got there, I found $500 (cash) in a bank enevelope. Initally I thought, "Man this is the majority of my rent!", then I thought to myself what would I want someone to do for me if the role was reversed.

I went inside and spoke to the bank manager and explained the situation. She took my name & phone number as well as my sisters and the cash. A few hours later when we got home there was a message on my sisters phone. The money belonged to an older gentleman who was more than releived to have gotten it back. I guess the man said he was going to send us a thank you card.

What a way to start the morning off! :)

2. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    What comes round will go round-you did good!

3. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Reps to ya Mellon, This day in age most people would have kept it and never had second thoughts about it. Thanks for doing the right thing :cool2:.

4. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Reps to you for that.

5. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Good for you Mellon! Karma has a way of takin care of folks who take care of others. Reps to ya.

6. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Great Job!!! What comes around goes around and I think you will be rewarded. At least with reps:smile2:

7. ldkitch

ldkitch New Member

State:
    Henderson, KY
    That was a good deed you did, not a-lot of people probly would have done that. So, reps to you my friend!!

8. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    Way to go Bryan and a very sincere Thank You!

That money could have meant the difference between someone getting a much needed medicine or having to do without which can be detrimental or even deadly in some cases.

It could have been the difference in some family having enough groceries, paying their rent, power bill, etc.

If everyone would step up and do the right thing as you and your sister did what an awesome difference there would be in this world.

You will be repaid tenfold in the end. :big_smile:

9. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I'm willing to bet the big man in the sky will bless ya fer that one...ya think ; )

-Jim-

reps to ya...

10. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Thats putting out some good Karma. good choice. ​

11. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for doing the right thing.Its nice to know there are still honest people out there.

12. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    that was very honerable of you to do,a lot of people would have prolly pocketed that money.........reps to you

13. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i have a client,whos poodle i groom,who says ever time we do something good god puts another star in our crown.well you just got yourself another stat.thank you from one of thos old people who wasnt so lucky.

14. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    ya you did good but you could have maybe kept out enough to buy your own " thank you " card :big_smile:

15. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Good for you Bryan. When my rep meter resets I'll be back.

I once found a billfold in a parking lot. It had several hundred dollar bills in it, I never counted them. It also contained the guys drivers license, including a business card. His office was in a near by office building. I finally located his office, had to wait to see him. Then when I gave him his billfold he immediately started counting the money. I turned and walked away, he never said a word.

16. el-de-saspamco

el-de-saspamco New Member

State:
    Saspamco,Texas
    Thank you, Thank you for being who you are and doing the right thing. I've been on the other end of things and wasn't as fortunate as the elderly gentleman was.

Rubes

17. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    Reps from me buddy! Not enough people like that around nowadays!

18. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Reps to you buddy. You will be repaid tenfold!!

19. OhioRiverCatfisher

OhioRiverCatfisher New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Bryan...Reps 2 Ya!! It is a tough world today with lots of bad things going on but you brother are the type of guy that makes me proud to be part of it. "Be not over come with evil but over come evil with good"...YOU SURE DID THAT!!

20. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Yelp, reps for that deed.
    Folks have a hard enough time with laws and real criminals. I consider it a common curisty to look out for each other. If I find something of value , I try to find owner and return it. Todays times are hard on everybody. 500 bucks would help any of us out but I wouldnt feel right keeping someone's money who may need it for rent, food or what ever.
    Stuff happens. Good folks watch out for each other.