I fought the wind and I won!!!

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by countryboy79, Jan 5, 2010.

1. countryboy79

countryboy79 New Member

State:
    nc
    We are on four days at work so i went fishing..Catching bait was tough,, dang wind wouldn't be still. I went to the lake today. i got there at 3:30pm fish till 5:45pm . I've been going and havn't caught any thing over 16lbs in a while. So i was goin for a monster!!! I caught 6 blues from 6lb to 15lbs. Then about 5:00 rod went down. It felt pretty solid, It was a 21lb blue, afther that i caught a few more small one's and then, another rod bent over just a lil and stayed. So i set the hook, it took off pulling drag, I finally got it in a 32lb blue.. I took some pic but i use my phone and most of the time I'am by my self, so the 32lb pic sucks... Besides the wind and the cold i had a good time and just lettin yall know that the big ones are starting to bite again!!!:Happy:

2. tuscan toadfish

tuscan toadfish Member

State:
    Matthews,
    Congradulations! I have been itching to go, but was unsure if the Badin Alcoa Landing was froze up or not. I will admit tho, if the wind is blowing and it is this cold I will wait a little longer. Awesome fish!

3. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Congradulations!

4. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Way to get out there Wes! Can't argue with the results. Congratulations.

5. steveturner024

steveturner024 Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Steve Turner
    Congrats I haven't caught anything since October and the river is iced up now.

6. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    You da man, Wesley!!! NO doubt!

BB in SC

7. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    thanks for the report

8. carolinakid76

carolinakid76 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    congrats bro!!!:wink:

9. holliswood

holliswood Well-Known Member

State:
    King, NC
    Congrats on the nice catches. Glad to see that you're the master of your domain!