I Find It Amazing - Catfish Limits

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by BIG GEORGE, Jan 16, 2006.

1. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Here in New Jersey a state that is not exactly known for its cat fishin we have limits on the amount ya can keep. Each licensed fisherman is allowed to have in their possesion 5 channels of at least 12 inches per day. Its one of two things the way I see it. The state is doin somethin about preserveing the fish for future generations or they just don't know any better and lumped these limits in with the others they have on various species of fish. I think its a good thing and would like to see it in place in other states. Any thoughts?
    Also,are there limits on cats in any other states. Any info would be appreciated. THANX!

2. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    Here in Kansas it is 10 Channels and or Blues , 5 Flatheads no size limit

3. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    george, in indiana the limits are this.

in lakes and res.: 10in. minimum size and no limits

in streams and rivers: 10 cat bag limit with no minimum size

all spieces of cats are considered the same. i hope to live long enougth to see those out dated regs changed!

4. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Texas it's, 25 per day 12" channel , Flathead it's 18" and 5 per day.

5. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    In Missouri you can take 5 Flatheads, 5 Blue cats and 10 channel cats!

6. TXBlueHunter

TXBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Flower Mound, Texas
    T-Bone don't forget at the blues. They are also 25 per day in Texas.

7. nathan king

nathan king New Member

State:
    vernon tx
    in tx the combined limit per day is 25 wether it be channels, blues or mixed size is 12in and 18 in on flats with a 5 fish limit on them.

8. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    man you guys have stricter regs than us in ohio and the fishing here is nowhere near as good as your states! boy are we behind the times!

9. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    nathan king is right for Texas. My lake has plenty.
    I just hope polluation dont get to em.

10. trad_archer

trad_archer New Member

State:
    Cook Springs, AL
    No limits here in Alabama that i am aware of. Catfish are not considered gamefish yet there are 3 or 5 fish limit(cant remember which?) on alligator gar. Its fine with me as most catfishermen i know CPR exept a few smaller one for dinner. But i do the same with gar anyway! Except the dinner part,lol.

11. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Ohio has no limits on small cats, I have seen people keep 50-60 channel cats under 12 inches.

12. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Guys, there is no limit on catfish of any species in the public waters of Kentucky, except in certain lakes and streams as specifically noted in the annual fishing guide. In other words we are wide open. There is currently a no limit on poles regulation also. Personally I like it. And I think that it is fine as long as sportsmen use common sense. I've seen a few bigguns hit the grill, and personally I don't like it, but if you caught it , it's yours. I catch hundreds, maybe thousands of fish (including all species) every year, but only keep a small percentage of that and all of them are under ten pound. The only fish that I keep over ten pound are paddlefish. My dad, stepson and I caught two hundred crappie this spring in one day, but we only kept less than thirty which is less than one persons daily creel limit. Vern

13. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yep....there is no catfish limits around here eithier. They just say you must only have 20 catfish per a stringer....alot of help that does!:sad:

Zakk.

14. Rockjumper

Rockjumper New Member

State:
    Parker,Pennsylvania
    Here in Pennsylvania, Catfishing is open year around, with no minimum size limit and your daily limit is 50! In other words, not protected!

15. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    One fish over 34" is the only limit on catfish in TN, no limit on the number of poles, but you are limited to a 100 hooks. Commercial fisherman can have more hooks.

16. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    spiecie************** Catfish*********** limit*********** min size
    channel,blue flathead (stream)************* none **************10"
    channel,blue flatheadlakes (lakes, res) *********10************* none
    bullhead cat ***************************none *************none
    AS you can see we don't have many rules
    Bill:)

17. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    No need for limits on most lakes and rivers. They are limited by pollution. Warning, do not consume more than 4oz's a month, adults may consume up to 8oz's. Kids, you get one bite. Adults, you get 2 bites. I sure hope someone brought extra fries and hush puppies cause it looks like to get a full a
    belly you need to super size on the extras. LOL.

To me that is a major problem. Just think, one day pollution will cause the death of all fish. Got a love progress. And people worry about someone keeping a few eaters. LOL. Always the little man gets the heat on being the problem.

I'm going rabbit hunting. LMAO

18. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    For Oklahoma:

Channel and Blue Catfish........15 (combined)..........No minimum
    Flathead Catfish...................10..........................20"minimum

19. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Allrite we got 12 states. I need some more. This thread has had over 100 hits and this is all the info? Is it because some folks don't know or just don't care? No accusations,just curious.

20. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    George the hits may be line mine. I checked in and Tn has been covered.
    I think the limits are going by what the water will handle. Your waters may not grow them like some other bodys of waters.

PEte