I figured out what we can do with all the Asian Carp!

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by bigcatmaniac, Dec 26, 2007.

1. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    While thinking today about what we can use as bait for our traps, I thought about those stinkin asian carp. We ran outta bait two days ago and have been rackin our brains trying to think of something we can use. Well we are gonna try to get a few more carp, then go back and reset our traps tonight using those carp. I will let you all know how this works out for us.

2. CatAngler

CatAngler New Member

State:
    Omaha NE
    Please do let us know, then we can all start shipping them to you.:smile2:

J

3. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Boy's the catfish LOVE those little fellers down this way:eek:oooh::tounge_out:they are excellent bait.

4. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dear Brother Starr;
    Ethan, I hope it works for ya. Too bad we can just ship them back where they came from and charge "them" for the shipping and all!
    Fraternally,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Post]]]]]

5. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    try soaking them in vanilla extract makes for a stronger attractant round the traps.

6. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    They gotta be good for something. I had heard they was going to try and feed them carps to the Zoo animals. Keep us posted. Later Andy

7. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    There are so many of those carp here at hoveys lake if I rev up the motor you will see about 50 of them jump weve had them hit us in the head and hit the motor and some are pretty big.

8. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I think I heard someone say that there is a market for the meat. Maybe we could trade them back for some OIL !!!!!!!

9. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Or maybe we could grind them up and turn them into FUEL.....get our cars and outboards to run on it. Then we could get rid of them in about 2 weeks maybe

10. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    You can make fish oil out of regular carp.
    Just chop them into smaller chunks and let them rot.
    The oil is skimmed off the top. Asian carp ought to work for that.

If you let them asian carp set in a warm place for awhile and let them start stinking they should make a better bait.

the best to ya
    just

11. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Ethan, when I use to trap coons and mink I used carp heads. They worked great and lasted a long time. I got them at a fish cleaning place for free by the buckets full. Cant see why the asians wouldnt work even better as oily as they are.

12. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    Thay ort to work for any kind of trap steel or live. Maybe in a Crawfish trap.

13. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    I don't trap at all out here, but I know that skunks and coyote love the carp. People around here used to throw piles of caught carp up on the banks, and at night those piles are beacons for skunks and coyotes in the area. Most of the carp is usually gone by morning.

14. stinkbaitman

stinkbaitman New Member

State:
    south dakota
    i use cu up car for trap bait. seem to work pretty well.

15. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    Well, we just got done pullin our traps today! I ended up catching about 12 coons, 5 opossums, about 20 muskrat, and 3 mink in a 5 day set. We ran the traps everyday and had about 15 traps out. The other guy that trapped with me had out 10 traps and he caught 5 coons, 1 opossum, 9 muskrat and a mink. Those were all caught in creek sets. We left our land sets out for more coyotes and bobcats and anything that wants in. So far we have each caught two coyotes. THE CARP WORK GREAT FOR TRAP BAIT!!!