I don't know....hope it's a glitch

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Catgirl, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Figured I better say this now, rather than later. Things have been moving (in the computer world) slowly. I've done everything I know how to do, spybot check, defrag, all of that. Think it might be my hard drive. Seems to me they said (those GEEK people) a few months back that I had an error in regards to that. I suppose I should have listened to them, huh?

OH well. I have a hard time listenin' to people. I hope things will resume as normal in the AM. (AM? it IS AM here in NC.)

Anyhow, if NOT.....I want you all to know that I love ya, and will miss you until I'm able to be back online.

Think I might like hanging my clothes out for the fresh air until then, and only dealing with people I can see EYE to EYE with?

2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv

:eek:oooh: get that maintence man out there.:angry:

3. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Good luck Tanya! :big_smile: It stinks when the computer goes down! :angry: Seems like about once a year something happens to knock me offline for a few days.

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    You had best get that thing looked at girl. We need your smiling face here at the BOC

5. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    We can't do without Tanya! She brightens my screen everyday! :big_smile:

Good luck with what ever ails your puter.

6. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Tanya you can't be serious. You know the BOC can't do without you.:eek:oooh:

Come back...Come back... come back.........................:sad2:

7. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    DAM! Ya made it. Knew we shoulda moved or at least locked the gate.:crazy:

8. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    He's so RIGHT!

so in the vein of trying to keep you engaged. Have you defragmented your hard drive recently? Don't know how much Tech you know and if you've not done it, it can definitely slow you down.

I'm pretty dumb about computers so I'll not embarass myself anymore.

Hang in there

9. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Tanya.......you can defrag your hard-drive and delete temporary internet files. This should free up some space and return to normal. Talk about slow computers. We have dial up and live in a one horse town. I cant even get in chat. By the time I can respond to what someone is saying in chat room....the conversation has changed 10 times. Thinking about getting new P.C. this year and handing this one down to my son who can use it for his college courses and typing his papers or something.........good luck:big_smile:

10. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

I knew SOMEthin' was goin' on. George, you don't get no tater salad now. HECK, like that'd matter to a Joisey boy. Done tole ya, remains to be seen whether you can REALLY drive a train (I was just up there Saturday, TWEETSIE). Y'all think tater salad contains DILL pickles (YANKEES):. Oh, if someone lost track....er, if ya need a tract (I'm thinkin, maybe I do at this point?...) I'm sure George has anything and everything that will aim you in the right direction.

11. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    I'm not sure I completely understood that post.. but said with the warm southern drawl and tanya's irresistable charm

We both knew she was getting my thanks for that post:tounge_out:

12. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    you better get puter fixed fast you are my only link to southern charm sis

13. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

LMAO, you guys are silly. I'm serious though, this is a weird thing, and I don't know what's gonna happen.

14. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    tanya baby do what you haft to do you gotta come brighten up the chat room.

15. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    I've had a whole computer die on me. crashed so bad I couldn't get it to run and even replacing hard drive didn't work.

it was a computer virus, I'm sure of it.

If you think the hard-drive is bad, you can replace it. a good deal many people that are pretty tech savy are scared to open the box. but its not so bad in there. there is a computer ribbon that connects onto your hard drive. turn the computer off; touch the case well to dissapate static and start your surgery.

a new hard drive cost prob 50-75$. You will need to reinstall all the programs you normally use, beginning with windows.

if you pay to have a techie, do it you relieve yourself the worry of having to do it yourself but you pay a pretty expensive price for the service.

Keep in mind too, that all this money spent on an Old computer Might not be worth it.

Myself, The BOC means quite a lot to me right now; and I'll not have something like that to divide me from my friends. I'd try to fix it or buy a new one. Even a rather cheap generic model is likely faster, smarter and better than your current computer (because technology moves lightning fast in the cyber world) and is more than capable of keeping you up-to-date with the BOC.

16. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

It's not THAT old Jason....Dell 2006, well maybe 5 I think. But the geeks told me the hard drive had an error, a year ago. I thought they were full of crap, everything was working fine, and has since. In fact, right now it's not NEARLY as slow. Maybe an IP problem?

17. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA

the speed varies? Is it just the internet being slow; or does you entire computer seem to slow down??

also, your techy might be talking about a bad sector on your hard drive. I thought there was a way to fix that... But I don't know, technology has advanced since I last learned about bad sectors and the program Scandisk.

18. joadb

joadb Member

State:
    Clinton, Ohio,
    Darn computers you can live with them and you can live with out them {it's kinda like a spouse:wink:}

19. bobo cat

bobo cat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You can say that again !

20. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    i might be abl to live with out but im not gona if i can help it lol :cool2: