i dont get it....?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by flatheadchris, May 2, 2006.

1. flatheadchris

flatheadchris New Member

State:
    sc
    ok i fish at a local pond and they stock it with 5lb channels.well the fish are farmed raised all there life.the place where they get the fish feed the fish pellets.will these fish still hit cut bait,worms,etc? since they have been feed pellets all there life?

2. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I dont know, but I will doubt they will hit any thing else, unless they is real hugary.

3. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    i would think they would probably be spoiled to the feed. they should still hit regular baits though unless they are still being fed regularly. try making a dough bait flavored with the exact same fish pellets they are being fed.

4. flatheadchris

flatheadchris New Member

State:
    sc
    well i bought 30lbs of them pellets,i made doughballs out of em,went 1st day cought 23,went the second cought 7 :cool2:

5. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Good fishin, congrats.

6. foreverflathead

foreverflathead New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    A local pond that I fish also stocks alot of small channel cats and also has alot of large carp, I started using doughball for the carp and end up catching more catfish than anything else. Also the doughball I am talking about is just stopping by the store and picking up a loaf of bread, peal off the crust and smash the remainder on a hook with no weight. It works good here so you might give it a try/

7. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Before I got a boat all I fished where ponds and lots of em. As far as the catfish not eating any thing but the fish food thats not true but if theyre used to a certain feeding time everyday it may be tricky to catch em.It sounds to me like you got it figured out about how to catch em but if the doe you made starts to play out use chicken liver it has never failed me for channel cats in ponds.