I don't follow this logic!!!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Dreadnaught, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
  2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I really could care less about them but when I posted the 1 million rep point mark it was a milestone for me. Thats why I did that. I hope you're not referring to me in this.....:confused2:

3. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Charles M Schulz authored a cartoon series called Peanuts and one of the characters was a young person called Linus van Pelt. Linus was Charlie Browns best friend in the world and Linus would do anything in the world for Charlie Brown, except let him have his blanket. His blanket was his security
    and he held it 24/7 and it appears that we have some on this forum that treat their rep's as a security blanket. Don't know if that is good or bad, but that is the way it is!

4. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    JW, it's nice to get some rep points when somebody thinks you've posted something informative. Other than that, I don't really pay attention to the amount of points I have.

Now can you add to my 129,783 rep points???:smile2:

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

I figured I'd go ahead and send you some. Their free and you get them every day. why not use them?:wink::smile2:

6. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    How did this thread get changed to a discussion about rep. JW wants to know how a person can alter their outlook about things they have seemed to be so adamant about. It's easy to explain, It's an election year!:roll_eyes:

7. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Ummm.. well... again, I think it all has to do with El Nino and the rotation of the Earth. Then the global warming issue is the reason for all illogical things to become logical.

In fact, I invented logic. (TM)

8. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Happy to help JW.!:wink:It's ENLIGHTEN!!!!!!:big_smile::smile2:What kind of person can change their mind at the drop of a hat????A WOMAN of course ,they even brag about it.:smile2::big_smile:That may be the problem with the two threads shown as an example!!!!Phil might actually be Phyllis,that would explain it.:big_smile:I had seriously thought about posting a thread stating "HOLY COW I AM NOWHERES NEAR 1,000,000 REP POINTS" and "PROUD OF IT".:big_smile::eek:oooh:Given that I joined in 2001-2 its taken me this long to get over 2000 posts.:smile2::big_smile:Mac probably has it right in his post ,so be it.I find it fun to reward those that post something notable and ALWAYS try and add a good comment to it so its a personalized award.Have fun guys (or Girls) as the case may be.:smile2::wink::cool2:

9. FourWinds

FourWinds New Member

State:
    Lawton, Oklahoma
  10. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    We have crashed so many servers that I don't pay much attention to rep counts or post counts.I've been a member of this board since Sept.2001 and look at my low post count.At one time I had the highest post count then we crashed the server and those post were gone,another time Jtrew had the highest count and we crashed the server and he lost those posts.After 6 and a half years I've learned that with all the sever crashes we've had and friends seeing who can give each other the most rep points the counts don't meen a thing.

11. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Is there logic you DO follow JW? :smile2:

12. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    JW just keep fishing your Pay lakes and be happy :smile2:

13. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    it seems to me that neither REPS or POSTS make a difference. its not the fish you catch or where you catch them. its the people here its the information you get the time you spend the things you learn and the fun and experience you get from being here. if this was a competition it would be called Competition Posts or something .. its about the people the sport and the experience. live learn and be happy its life.

14. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    It just seemed strange that people that don't worry (or say they don't) about rep points, will pitch a hissy when they are suddenly gone, LOL!!! I was wondering why they would contradict themselves like that is all!!!

15. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Darn rep points and football teams go hand in hand. :eek:oooh: :crazy: :roll_eyes:

16. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    WHAT??????
    Where did that come from, LOL?????

17. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    To me the rep points have no meaning anymore. At one time they used to serve a good purpose. But now they are just thrown around like candy it seems like. Wow you prayed for my neighbors dog I better throw ya some rep for that. Seems like the ones with the most rep hardly ever talk about the real topic of this site. Wait what was the real topic of the site again. Oh yeah catfishin now I remember. Those that get so wound up about rep points and post numbers usually really had nothing to say anyways. Just makes them feel good about their selfs. Kinda like "look at me mines bigger than yours". Thats my story and I'm stickin to it.

18. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    feeling good about yourself..hmm does reps really do that? well suppose it would if you actually helped someone else out and thats how you got them. ill leave it at that.

the real topic... CATFISH1.COM well ya got me there although i will say i though i am an avid catfisherman i do have more to my life.. hunting trapping and yes other kinds of fishing not to mention my kids my family and my job. This place has a place for me to come talk to my "FRIENDS" about any and all of that and i thank GOD that this site is here and i have a place to do all that.. in its specific threads.

As for your story and you stickin to it.. stick to your guns. if you dont you could get backed in a corner and have nothing to pull to even the odds.

19. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yeah, if The BOC was JUST about catfishing, I wouldn't still be here.

As far as rep goes, and why someone would have one philosophy one day, then another philosophy the next??? Ya got me there. IF the mother board crashed today, and I lost my rep points, it wouldn't be the end of the world. I'm just glad I buried all my gold before they came and took it all away.:smile2: I will continue to send reps and receive them regardless of anybody's opinion of it...unless someone doesn't want to receive any from me. If that's the case, just thank this post, and I will remember not to send any more to you.:tounge_out:

20. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    i dont pay alot of attention to post counts or rep points. i usually listen to peoples fishing advice judging by the size of the fish in their avatar.:wink::smile2: