I done something today I swore I would never do

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by flathunter, Feb 19, 2006.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I got cell phones for my wife and myself..I always thought they were the most usless thing ever invented...Still do, BUT SHE MADE ME DO IT:mad:

2. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    I used to feel the same way about cell phones. Now I would never be without one. I needed one being out on the road all the time and now its great if you break down come across a wreck etc. For ones who dont want one you can still buy a cell phone keep it charged up and you can still dial 911 from it. It is a law that even a none activated cell has to be able to still dial 911.

3. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    welcome to the communication era....lol

4. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    dont feel bad jack, i gave in to the "necessary evil" of having a cell a few years back.

5. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Just think Jack now Mellon can find you no matter where you go, you wont be able to hide from him no more. Plus you may not want to give him your cell phone number, cause the wifes number is always one number off, then he could call her and ask where you are after you left the house and told her you were going fishing, then when you got home she might hit you in the head with a skillet, not saying H20 would do something like that, but you never know.

I have heard of friends doing similar stuff to each other like calling telling the better half there new boat is in and they were approved for the loan.. :crying:

6. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    There are almost neccassary for an emergency.:) Be like me and get the BOC on your cell phone.:cool:

7. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Resistance is futile....You will be assimilated...W

8. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Flat

I to kinda don't like being sold yet another dang phone but welcome to 2006!

I'm a trucker now and will have to get yet another dang phone here soon.

Flat there is one truck stop I found that had notta for ANY pay phones!!

9. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Winston Cup legend Junior Johnson bought a ZR-1 Corvette for his then girlfriend now wife some years ago and it was delivered to his house where the keys were presented to his wife.
    It might have paid for him to have had a cell phone.

10. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    i used to scoff and still do at all the nonsense calls people make and especially in stores and they talk in booming voices where everyone cant help but hear them .
    but i cant leave mine home without feeling like i left my wallet or hat on the counter
    its become such a big part of peoples lives.
    it also is a big pain in the butt too.
    :confused:

11. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    most people dont need a cell like kids people who dont work if a person is a contractor truck driver or have to commute a lot for thier work then i say get one or as i said before for emergencys. I see it all the time around here 12 13 year olds walking down the street yapping on a stupid cell phone. no call for that in my opinion.

12. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I dont care for the attention they get and all the bells and whistle's but they do come in handy when an emergency comes up. After 5 years or so of having one, mine has been at bottom of lake almost 5 years. Equal time. LOL.
    I do like my wife having hers. My boys too. Makes me feel much better.
    For emergency's is all I care bout and keeping up with your kids is a great tool for busy parent's .

My wife wants me to get another one for safty reasons. I might give it another try some day.

13. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Mine is very useful for work. I have the numbers for four different county sheriffs, and 3 different hospitals ED's. Amazingly enough, I tend to fish in those same counties, so I know help is always a call away.

Ray

14. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    I know what you mean about the bells and whistles, when I finaly got a cell phone, they asked me what do you want your phone to do as in options I aswered I want it to ring. Most of the time I forget my phone at home. But they are handy. Kida like a neccesary evil.

15. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Bad idea Jack, now Mellon is gonna have you on his speed dial just for those occassions you get a bite..LOL:rolleyes:

16. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Had them and got rid of them I dont like them but will probably have to get some again. I hate the idea of never being without communication there was a time that I swore I would never be without but now that we dont have it anymore I dont mind not being able to gotten ahold of. I cant stand it when Im driving and see someone that thinks they are so important talking on the phone and attempting to drive. Nothing againt them I just dont want them anymore.

17. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    My wife and I bought one of those pre-paid cell phones at Target, we might talk on it for 10minutes a month not even that, we mainly carry it for emergencies. The best thing about the cell phones there are no contracts at all.

chris

18. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Flat ol'buddy, ya just messed up. Now the wife is gonna call and say come home or nagg ya to come home......
    So just do like I do and turn the ringer off and check it when ya get ready to leave the river / lake. Works good for me, I just tell her I guess I left it in the truck, be home soon....

19. Cyclops01

Cyclops01 New Member

State:
    Eden, NC.
    Dang Jack, I thought maybe ya did something really dumb, like go on a Mellon shopping spree and not tell the wife. Brother, now that you got those phones, you could go out and buy a brand new party barge and still come home to a loving welcome. :rolleyes:

Mike

20. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Have to have a Cell Phone for work, on the road most of the day when working and very important for changes in docks and in case of any roadside mishap.

But, the wife and I both have a cell so we do not have a home phone line. Use RR for internet so no sense in wasting money for another phone.