I done it again

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by ka_c4_boom, Sep 27, 2006.

1. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    me and vern went out last nite caught bait in the cast nets , shad 4 to 14 inches . went to one of our holes and set up and caught a small flathead lol 1 pound fishing wasnt looking good so we moved to another spot bout 1/4 mile and again set up we had 12 rods out in 37' of water had a few bites then i had a slammer and brought in a 12# blue a few minutes later a 6# channel it was calm after that vern was waiting on his first bite still then we were talking bout catching a state record and how nice it would be . i looked back at one of rods and it was krinkled over like it had a log tied up in it i reach to pull it in and found a fish had a hold of it , vern said you better get that fish , he was right , it was a heck of a fish i fought it for 20 minutes on my 7000 abu with 30# big game , this fish came to the top 3 times didnt see him the first 2 but the third vern got the net under him in doing so he knocked one of my other 7k's over the side but at the time we werent worried bout it any way back to this fish it was all vern could do to lift it in the boat he said he thought it was going to rip the net . we reeled in all our lines the ones the fish didnt get wrapped up in and pulled on one of the lines well vern caught my rod that was the best catch of the night i love my rods , so we ran up river took pics of the fish released it and drove home before the batteies in verns camera went dead . heres pics of the biggest blue cat i have ever caught 65# my personal best .

Attached Files:

2. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Yep bro, the conditions were just right, huh. Falling river, east wind, couldn't ask for better conditions. LOL That is why I go when I can, not when the farmer's almanac says it'll be good. Vern

3. MR SANDMAN 800

MR SANDMAN 800 New Member

State:
    Kansas
  4. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    nice fish brother, i am still looking for a monster like that

5. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Alright Guys, way to go. Glad you got your rod back, also.
    Good story and good pictures.

6. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Now I call that a fish! Wow!!! What a hawg,wonderful pictures thanks for sharing.:big_smile:

7. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Thanx for the trip Charles. I am truely happy for ya!

8. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Way to go Chuck, awesome fish, take me fishing please!!!!!!!!!:big_smile:

9. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Wow man, Vern and you must of had a great time draggin in that beast! congrats to both of you!

10. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Way to go!! Great looking fish.

11. Bubbafish

Bubbafish New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    congrats to bad yoiu didnt get to hear it burning up a clicker which is always a sweet sound but great fish.

12. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Charles thats Just Super!!I'm So Happy for you. And I'm really Glad you were able to get your lost rod back. It shure sounds like Valparrish had a great Time. Reps to You and Val. Your Friend J.D.
    :big_smile:

13. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Congrats to both of you.thats one monster blue.thanks for the pictures.:cool2:

14. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    congrats ,thats a nice fish

15. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Nice fish thanks for the pics. Always nice to see a big one in print.

16. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Charles : Great fish, congratulation. That's a fish of a life time for most people. Good work.

Vern : Your catch made his even more special, You guy have a memory and story that can be retold many years and even when your gone.

Way to go guys, Thats true brotherhood.

17. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    W.T.G. Charles! Congrats on your new personal best blue!

18. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

Wow, what a catch Chuck!!! Glad to see you were rewarded with your personal best. Sounds like everythng was certainly in order as far as the conditions. Thanks for sharing...

Vic

19. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Congrats to you Chuck, nice fish!

I hope you and Vern know how blessed you really are in that you are true brothers, get along well, and get to spend great times together doing what you both love doing best.

Now you can look forward to breaking that PB with one even bigger! :smile2:

20. grizzly

grizzly New Member

State:
    Griffithville, Arkansas
    Congrats man, that is a real hog. The Parrish Bros strike again. grizzly