I do all types of fishing!!!

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing' started by Freeman.360, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Freeman.360

Freeman.360 Guest

but i want to start fly fishin. what is good about it and what is bad. what all could i catch.

2. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    It's a blast. While learning,watch out for the back of your head.

3. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    there's noth'n Bad about fishing , it's all Good . casting is the only thing that will take time for flyfishing , you always want protective eye wear always . a hat with a Blk bill , keeps the glear off ( reflection ) you can catch all kinds of fish , something that has took off over here on the eastern side is flyfishing for channel cats . flyfishing is a lot of fun !!!! give it a try .

4. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Being in So. Carolina if your near the salt water you could use it there also. Welcome to the BOC.

5. Ghosth

Ghosth New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    Well many fly fishermen seem to be elitists, and look down their noses at anyone who uses bait. Other than that, there is no reason not to give it a shot.

As to what could be caught on a fly rod, most any fish that you can catch with other gear, plus some that usually won't bite well on spinning or casting rods. Your states Dept of Natural Resources site is going to be your best bet for species and locations.

Fly rods excel at delivering a small artificial fly to spooky or finicky fish.

However they also work just as well with a small hook and live bait. Crickets, grasshoppers, worms, water insects of all kinds.

I got started fishing with my grandpa's 9' fly rod with an automatic reel, baited hook, split shot and a bobber.

Made any decent sized fish feel like a whale and ruined me for life. :)

6. 07_hemi_thunderroad

07_hemi_thunderroad New Member

State:
    north caro
    :tounge_out: fly fishing is a blast! it take fishing to a whole new level! you have alot more control over how you fish, where you fly goes and bringing in the caught! if you have any questions let me know i can see if i can help!:wink: