I didn't know that...

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by AwShucks, Nov 19, 2006.

1. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Just got the fourth manual in for my 1971 50 HP Johnson with the electical shift. I am here to tell you I was not satisfied by any means for the first three manuals I purchased, especially the Clymer book. It should have a disclaimer in it which states something like... "your make and model may not be included in all parts of this book, especially the diagnosis/repairs of your motors problems". The one I just received is a Seloc manual and has my personal recommendations for those of you thinking of purchasing a manual. But I have digressed, what I wanted to state was that I did not know you were to run your outboard engine a minimum of once a month, even after it was prepared for winter storage. I fish more often than that, so it don't personally bother me... just hate to see someone get less from their motor than the factory anticipated. LOL. So, start your engines...

2. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I also got a seloc manual, except I got the one that you just use online. It was like $30 for three years. I did this that way if there was a change it would automatically be there. They are very good and detailed manuals though. I used it and changed an impeller for the first time about 2 months ago.