I Didn't Get Mad

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Katmandeux, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    ...when I found myself looking down the barrel of the hunter's shotgun. I asked him to please not point it at me.

He wasn't embarassed, or apologetic...just said, "It's not loaded". That's when I got mad.:angry:

This is a difficult situation, that involves three men, and friendships that go back to childhood, but I've had enough. He's been reminded, politely, numerous times.

I'm through. No mas.:sad2:

2. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I'm surprised you didn't make him wear it for a neck tie:roll_eyes:.And picking up his teeth.:eek:oooh:

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'm with ya Dave,Theres absolutely NO excuse for poor muzzle control ,AT ALL TIMES!!!

4. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    "Don't worry, its not loaded" is what usually ends up being an accidental shooting... Sounds to me like he needs a kick in the pants and a Gun Safety refresher (and I wouldn't be around him with a firearm again)...

5. Ruger 454

Ruger 454 Member

State:
    LaGrange Kentucky
    Sorry you had to go through that ,you are so right in never putting yourself in that position again

6. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    I would stay away from him and if he asked why you were avoiding him or not hunting with him. Tell him why and don't be bashful about it. If he handles a gun like that, i bet it doesn't matter if it is loaded or not. Careless behavior with any firearm (loaded or not) in not something I want to be around.
    Just my 2 cents,
    David

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Pointing a gun at some one is considered deadly force in most states. Tell him its not a game and could land him in jail. Loaded or not.

8. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I wouldnt even let my 6yr old son point a cap gun at me let alone a shot gun. I would be pretty mad myself.

9. caneycat

caneycat New Member

State:
    Texas
    That is just stupid to do that, no matter if it is loaded or not. That is a good way to get your self shot!

10. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    NOT MAD- HUH -wen the gun was down it would be on.............I took everthing that shoots any kind of projectile away from the boy cause he couldnt stop shooting this airplain at his sister,and now he will have no such toys/and or guns in this house until he takes a hunter safty course or pays the bills wich ever comes first.YES I am tough on him but we almost had a eye out and I told him too many times ...that irks me!

11. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I was always taught, Don't point it if ya ain't plannin on usein it. Those kind of jokes remove any sence of humor i may have had.

12. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    No such thing as an unloaded gun when it's pointed at you. Glad you didn't get hurt. I'd either whip his butt or just stay away after I whipped his butt. Later Andy

13. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    To clarify, he didn't point the gun at me deliberately...he just never pays attention to where it's pointed. Unnerving.

14. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Doesn't matter, if he's that unconcious then he is going to get somebody hurt. A wake up call is in order. You are probably going to have to go to extremes to retrain him if you still want to hunt with him. Later Andy

15. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    I/we've tried, but it went in one deaf ear, and out the other.

I told my buddy, the one caught in the middle of this, that I wasn't going to hunt with ****** any more, and he understands. He's cool with it.

16. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Like I said ,NO EXCUSE FOR POOR MUZZLE CONTROL.

17. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I am afraid that if he had done this to me, he would have looked real funny dragging the shotgun between his legs walking into the ER to get it removed surgicaly. I won't stand for that by no means. If you point a gun at me you better be ready to use it, cause you will wish you had when I get done.

18. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    AMEN!.....................................................