I DID NOT KNOW

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by BIG GEORGE, May 14, 2009.

1. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I knew that crows are omnivorous. Hell they are one of the largest contributers to keepin the rails clean. I wasn't aware that at times they will actually act like a bird of prey. Saw one today at my bird feeders swoop down and snatch up a sparrow. He then flew up in a tree and commenced to tear this bird a new arse. Had never seen this happen. I knew that if it was dead they would help clean it up. I just never saw them make a kill. I was impressed. :cool2:

2. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Nasty a$$ birds!

3. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Ain't knowledge a wonderful thing? Snakes, salamanders, toads, baby birds, baby anything. They kinda like them as a treat (like an ice cream cone after supper) over the regular carrion they eat alongside buzzards and eagles.

Hey BG. Ya ever eat crow? You seem the kinda guy that has never eaten crow. (Know what I mean jellybean?)

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    A group once tried to get me to eat it. I took several pieces and stuck it up thier arses. :wink: As the sayin goes. Don't write a check with your mouth that your arse can't cash. :cool2:

ZZTop in town this Sunday!!!! Guess I'll be missin church. No I won't. The "REVERAND" himself will be holdin court. :crazy: And besides, Jesus just left Chicago and hes bound for New Orleans. :cool2:

5. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Yup, one of those noun/verb things going on.....

But my faith in mankind is restored. Just heard a yankee say those 3 lil words that are almost impossible to pass over the lips of man. Maybe there is hope for mankind.
    :wink::smile2:

6. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California

7. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Yonder in Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
  8. flysure1

flysure1 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I would have to be awful hungry to eat crow (literally that is)! And as to the subject of this post I guess I never realized they killed things to eat, I guess I thought they were just scavengers.

9. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    according to arkansas game and fish crows are the number one preditor on song birds in the us today.so do the song birds a favor and take your shotgun fishing with you this year.ever crow you kill helps the bird population.

10. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Russell, have your crow and eat it too.

Thanks for the recipes for crow. Sounds yummy. Unlike BG, I have eaten "Crow" many times in my life (euphemistically) that is.

I have never actually physically eaten crow as a meal. Sounds like you could substitute buzzard or American Eagle in the same manner. Will have to give it a try.

11. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    There vicious little bas#$@!%!!! probably stems from them eating all the road-kill fresh blood creatures that are butchered on the highways....There is a bunch here in Arkansas.....Here is one to try....I will bet ya you cant run over one while he is picking at the road-kill:wink: There smart & fast..unlike the buzzard:smile2:

12. Big Muddy Catter

Big Muddy Catter New Member

State:
    Grain Valley MO
    They are bad about ripping open my trash bags and making one hell of a mess.

13. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

I can vouch for that. Ain't never killed one with the train rollin along at 70mph. LOL!

14. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Certain species have been considered pests; the Common Raven, Australian Raven and Carrion Crow have all been known to kill weak lambs as well as eating freshly dead corpses probably killed by other means.

15. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Here's a little warm up for ya' George.

[youtubevid]zQCjeb5Dc6s&feature[/youtubevid]

16. Owl

Owl New Member

State:
    Gainesvill