I Did It, I Did It!!!!!

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by river1214rat, Jul 4, 2009.

1. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    I caught my new PB yesterday morning! :tounge_out::big_smile::tounge_out:
    Hooked onto this monster Blue Cat (OK I know for most of you this is not a monster, but it is for me!) in 19 ft of water up river from West Point. I was using shrimp in 19 ft of water. He weighed in at 37 lbs 15 oz. :crazy:

A dream come true; I talked my fishing buddy into taking me out Friday as it may be the last time for awhile. I am having surgery on Wednesday on my cervical spine-2 levels-the first question for my doc will be....when can I go fishing again :wink:

Anyway, you all be thinking of me on Wednesday. I am ready to get this done so I can lead a normal life again!!:roll_eyes:

for pictures, look under Member Fishing reports, it won't let me upload them again!

Linda

2. Shimano_cat

Shimano_cat New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Congrats on the PB Blue! That one would qualify as a hog. Good luck on your surgery and I hope you have a speedy recovery.

3. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Congrats on the PB.

Be sure to follow all your Dr orders, back surgery is nothing to take lightly.

4. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Linda congrats on a great blue. That is a trophy in anybodys book:cool2:! Prayers sent your way for the back surgery. Do as the doc says and you will be back to catching monster blues in no time.

Tom

5. Capn Crunch

Capn Crunch New Member

State:
    Lexington,
    That is one awesome fish! Congrats!!!!

Good luck and get well soon so you can teach the rest of us how get the bigguns like that!!:wink: We'll be praying for you.

6. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Awesome Linda, way to go sis! :cool2:

Positive thoughts and prayers coming your way; hope you have a quick recovery time.

7. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Congrats on your P.B. Blue, Nice Fish !!! ps. good luck with your surgury, get well soon and GO FISHIN !!!!!!!!!!!! :big_smile:

8. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    congrats on the pb!!! good luck on the cervical issues! i have two herniated disks and pinched nerves myself so i know what your going through. doing the nerve blocks because i had a failed fusion on lumbar already. not ready for screws and rods yet!!! wish you the best of luck, shane

9. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Congrats on the PB Blue

10. seahaggy

seahaggy New Member

State:
    kentucky
    What are you doing going after minnows...lol.."Really a nice fish.I have not come anywheres close to one that big in a few years.Howed you like the rush of the big fish fight?Sure is fun.Well if you were'nt hooked on going after the big ones you sure are now.God Bless and don't sweat this surgery everything will be fine.See ya on the river.

11. JoeW

JoeW New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Awesome catch hope you get more like that one and bigger.. Good luck on your surgery and hope you get back out on the water soon.

12. eufaulacat

eufaulacat New Member

State:
    Alabama
    congrats on ur pb...:0a23:

13. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    congatulations on your big blue that sure is a nice fish:wink:.Hope yu have a quick recovery because fall is comin up..:eek:oooh:

14. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    Hi Marshall....Needless to say I was shocked when he hit; actually to be honest, I was using a 5 oz sinker cause the current was faster than I thought it would be and when I let my line down it must have hit him in the head as he hit it almost immediately. I really think the "CATFISH GOD" was looking out for me 'cause I really wanted to hook a hawg before Wed. I knew I had a big 'un and I did not care if I had to take pain pills the rest of the day, I just wanted to get the fish landed. When he surfaced it was like looking at "JAWS", I told my fishing partner to forget the net and get the gloves, which he did. He told me later the pressure was on him 'cause he knew if he lost it I would probably throw him in the river. (Which I would have). Anyway, what a thrill to land a fish that big and get his pic. I had catfish slime all over me and did not even care. It was an honor!!

Thank you my friend and know there is one out there bigger with your name on it. :big_smile:

15. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Linda congrats on the PB catch! You difinitely had a great night!

16. rivertoon

rivertoon New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Congrats on your PB! That is a monster to me. Best of luck on your surgery. I will keep you in my prayers.

17. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Quackshutr

Quackshutr New Member

State:
    Oklahoma, Collinsville
    Awesome! !! Great job!

Good luck on the surgery, we'll put you in our prayers!

Q

19. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Congradulations on the Big Boy..You needed that one to keepe you smiling while you go through the surgery..Prayers are lifted for you and the doctors hand..God Bless.

20. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Great job Linda. Real nice fish !!! :big_smile: