I did get to go fishing last weekend YIPPEE

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by puppypal, Aug 19, 2008.

1. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    My son wanted to coach a little peewee football camp so off we went to the deer camp. Fishing was slow caught 8 or nine kept these three two were over 5 pounds and the one smaller was two pds kept expecially for my dad that just loves to grill whole catfish. The best part of the day was went i thought I had hooked the big one. My pole (ugly stick) nearly broke. I have a bruise on my tummy where I sank the end of the pole in to hold on. I had managed to catch one of the crap the deer camp Guy told us about. OMGoodness I ended up having to walk backwards up the bank at the end because my reel striped. DH pulled it up and it was too big for the net! He grabbed the sting and managed to pop him up out of the water to get a good look and the line broke. Which we were going let it go of course. They help the pond. He the way i understood it is if it had a ring in its nose YES it did it was over fourty pd! That was too fun. Goodness I needed that weekend. Thew wind was blowing the sky was blue and the deer came up in the clearing so we could watch them eat right before dark. Now, in my book that was better than Prozac!

Attached Files:

2. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Do you mean Carp ?

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats on the fishing trip

4. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Good looking fish!

5. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    not sure if it was a spelling error or how i felt but yes a Carp! LOl

6. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    good looking catch glenda, whats with the pink towel :smile2:

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    WTG Girl. Nice fish. Glad you had a great trip.

8. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Yoiu ten to one guessed it the pink towel Means that a girl done it. Have a huge amount of slack forever it seems from b-holes that think women only belong in the kitchen and don't know nothing bout fishing so long agin I found that towel as a symbol thingy....

9. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Congratulations, looks like ya had a great trip :cool2:. I bet that was a blast catching a 40+ lb. carp.

10. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Looks like you had a dandy time, congrats on the big fish, dont matter it was a carp, it was big and gave you a good fight. Thats all that matters really. I used to try to snag those huge grass carp just for the fight. have a goodun. Mac