I couldn't wait

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by Wac M Trac M, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Wac M Trac M

Wac M Trac M New Member

State:
    Texas
    After learning about chumming on here I just had to try. Sooo I quite work early and headed down to the Blanco. I stopped on the way at a ranch I hunt on and picked up some range cubes and the rancher gave me a cattle cake to try as well. It's a cake made with grain and cotton seed.
    I got down to the hole and a few where there already so I threw a perch head out and caught one. The rest split the area as I reel him in. I set the cubes/cake in the head of a huge pool below a riffle. I paddled around and caught a few small mouth and headed back to the chummed area. I could see a few small cats up near the surface. I baited a hook with Danny Kings and started catching fish one after another. It was awesome. I only had a one and a half hours cause I promised the wife I'd do her a real nice dinner so I headed home early but caught 16 fish and kept a few.

Heres a pic.
    DSCN0869.jpg

2. BigOBear

BigOBear New Member

State:
    TX
    Outstanding :big_smile:

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Frank thanks for sharing your fishing trip. Yes chumming works. Glad you had a good trip.

4. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    Who da Man?!?!? YOU DA MAN!!!!:cool2: Congrats on the success of your experiment:eek:oooh: and hope you catch many more!!!:smile2::wink:

5. rob128146

rob128146 New Member

State:
    Rockwell, North Carolina
    Good job!! I never chummed but thought about it just didn't know where to stop. Thanks for the story and good fishin' to ya in the future.:big_smile: