I could use some help

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by katcatchingfool, Sep 11, 2006.

1. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    is anybody catching skipjack or direct me in the right direction i would be willing to travel i can make time to go just about anytime and i have a boat we could use just pm me or leave a post and let me know any info would be appriciated

2. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    if youve ever caught skips before , go back to shat spot and try again been cathing them here but had to fish deeper they werent on top but down closer to the bottom , around here if you find shad or other baitfish youl find skips feeding on them good luck

3. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    i take it nobody is catching any skippies or they are keeping it a secret lol

4. river_rat_42

river_rat_42 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey budy I am waitin' to see how to catch em' myself. :big_smile:

5. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    sabiki rigs and a small weight to get it down change weight and depth if you cant find them vary your retreive also some like it fast , skippies usually eat smaller bait fish watch the top of the water for fish jumping or look for schools of shad skippies wont be far behind

6. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    We catch them here in the Missouri River and all we do is use a minnow or worm under a slip bobber, I would say about 3/4 of the way to the bottom. Fish it behind a wing dam, in the whirlpool where it just moves the bobber around slowly. If I don't catch some pretty quick I will use a slip sinker setup with a minnow or a worm on the bottom. If I don't catch any fairly quick I move down to the next wing dam and start over. It only takes a couple moves and I'll have enough for bait. Hardest part is hooking the darn things, they have such a small mouth you have to use a small hook with small bait. Thin wire crappie hooks work very good on skip jacks. Some days worms are the best bait and others a minnow works best so keep two rods in the water with different baits and don't be afraid to move them around as far as in close to medium far out but never in the faster water out past the tip of the wing dam. I get a lot of skip jacks just where the water transitions from no current to slow current about 10 to 12 feet from shore. But the best advice I can give you is to throw out and swear up and down you don't want any skips your after catfish and I'll bet you get skips right away. lol Works that way for me.

7. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Thanks for the infro going to tryit:cool2: