I Caught My First Large Mouth Bass.....Huge!!!

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by jkruer01, Jun 24, 2008.

1. jkruer01

jkruer01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey Everyone!

I went fishing this evening and while I had my catfish poles in the water I decided to throw a spinner bait on another pole and see what I could catch. Now I'm not usually one to brag but I think if you are honest with yourselves you have to admit that you have just been out fished by a complete newbie to fishing! I would find it hard to believe if any of you have caught a larger bass this year than I did tonight.

It all happened so fast but as soon as it did I knew I had a whopper on my line. I felt a tug, I heard the "zzzzzz...." of my drag, and then the fight was on. I knew that if I could keep it on the line that I would have a trophy fish. After what felt like forever I was finally able to get him reeled in. When I saw him my mouth dropped! I couldn't believe it. I had only seen fish this size on TV.

Thank God I had my cell phone with me because I knew if I didn't have pictures of it no one would believe me. They aren't the best quality but it was all I had. I snapped a couple quick pics and then ran home and put him on ice. I had to go back later to get the rest of my fishing gear because I left it all where it was! If any of you know of a good place to get a fish mounted I would really appreciate their name and phone number. I am definitely getting this monster mounted!

Anyways, I'm sure you are anxious to see the pics so I attached them to this email. Look at the size of the MOUTH on that sucker! IT IS HUGE!

See Ya,
    Jeremy

Attached Files:

2. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas

3. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Those are some nice fish, and welcome to the BOC.

4. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :0a27:
    That looks like a Crappie to me too / but a nice one just the same.
    (Look at the "Tail" of the fish)
    :wink:

5. BIGcatjakeJR

BIGcatjakeJR New Member

State:
    ohio
    thats a little baby crappie dude:sad2:

6. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Here You Go Dude - "Now These Are Bass"!

Attached Files:

7. jkruer01

jkruer01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Oh well! See I don't even know what a Bass Looks like! :smile2:

Haha! This is only my 2nd week of fishing in my life! :eek:oooh:

Thanks,
    Jeremy

8. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    That's Ok - :0a25: to the B.O.C. anyway Buddy . :0a23:

9. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    welcome jeremy. only your second week? what got you interested in fishing?

10. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That is a very nice piece of catfish bait. Congrats.

11. jkruer01

jkruer01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    That is exactly what I was thinking. Unfortunately, I told myself that was going to be the last cast of the night. I had to go home after that. :angry:

Jeremy

12. jkruer01

jkruer01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I grew up and my parents were divorced. I never really had anyone to take my fishing so I never went. I fished with a bobber and worm a couple times but never had anyone to really teach me how to fish.

I was at Wal-Mart getting my oil changed and while I was there I read an article on Catfishing. I decided that it would be fun because you never know how big of a fish you are going to catch. I started talking to several different fisherman that I knew and none of them ever did any catfishing....they were all into Bass fishing. I started reading online and bought some basic stuff and decided to give it a go. So far I love it.

The little lake I fish doesn't have any really big fish in it but at least it gives me something to do. It is only 2 miles from my house and it is better than sitting on my butt watching TV.

This weekend I am going to Dale Hollow Lake so maybe I will be able to catch some bigger fish. We'll see.

Thanks,
    Jeremy

13. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Jeremy,

Frist welcome to the BOC hope you will enjoy it as much as I have, Now about fishing we all started some where at it and we were just like you ,new and green and some had fathers to teach them and others learned on there own ,any how we learned and to me it is one of the most relaxing and challangeing sport there is hope you have many years of fun doing it and alway's remember they ( call it fishing and not catching that means you will not catach a fish every time you go ) good luck and have a great time going fishing

14. willybob

willybob New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Nice fish. If you keep at it you'll catch even bigger fish and sooner or later maybe a monster. If you only live 2 miles from a lake I'd say put out a dozen
    limblines or bank lines if legal where you live. Lots of fun and fast paced.
    Well............... good luck.

15. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Jeremy that is a nice Crappie you caught and some people mount the big ones of those as well and they make a nice looing mount.

My suggestion to you is to get in the Kentucky threads and find a BOC brother that is closest to you and try to set up some fishining time with them. They will be able to teach you alot one on one. There are some good big cat fishermen over there in Kentucky and I am sure that some of them would be glad to try and help you out.

Good Luck

16. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    well you couldnt have picked a better site to join. good luck

17. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    youll be catching cats in no time if ya hang out with us. sent ya some reps for the fishing intrest.

check out the library on the main page. lots of tips and tricks there to get ya started.

18. michiganwhitetailRLM

michiganwhitetailRLM New Member

State:
    MI
    The B.O.C. is the place 2 b brother. Don't feel bad about not knowing the identity of ur fish man, it happens to all of us sometime. Keep @ it and you will be a great angler b 4 u know it.

19. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Welcome to the BOC!!! Nice catch also! Congrats!!!:big_smile::cool2:

20. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    did you catch them bass in that creek behind you in that one pic?