I Caught An Escaped Convict last Night!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by whiteriverbigcats, Sep 26, 2009.

1. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Was at work and doing my nightly chores of stocking the beer and taking out the trash.. Well as i was taking out the trash there was a van parked by our dumpsters and I saw a guy with a 4 ft. pry bar.. he saw me coming and threw the pry bar in the van and set in the drivers seat.. As I walked by he said " How u Doing?" I said " Pretty good. How about u? " He said the same..

Well as I picked up the trash can to dump it i noticed a IndyStar vending machine under his van.. He was using the van hold the machine down why he pried it open.. I read the plate in a quick qlance and walk back inside like nothing was going on... I then called 911 and began telling them what was going on as I went back out side and he seen me on the phone and took off dragging the machine under his van.. I chased him on foot and almost caught up to him till he hit the highway all the while being on the phone with the police.. As I was headed fpr the car a State trooper asked what the problem was and I told him quickly and we both went after the van.. We both arrived at the location about 2 miles up at a gas station where the officer took him down at gun point as I stood there laughing.. By the way the officer knows me.. Once they ran the man we were informed he was an Escaped convict and been on the run for about a year.. And the van was stolen too!!!! I bet the phone call to the police sounds funny cause i told them i was chasing a van on foot and almost caught it.. :smile2::smile2: Well he went to jail and we headed back to the scene of the crime and a IndyStar rep came out and opened the box and there was only $1.50 in it.. The idiot took a newpapre vending machine that was full of papers... Which would mean not alot of money in there... hahahaha people are so stupid!!!! But It was fun!! i'd do it again and again...:big_smile:

Attached Files:

2. cat6028

cat6028 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    lmao sounds like you had a fun night:smile2:

3. etexun

etexun New Member

State:
    Texas (Nea
    So, what are you going to do tonight??????:crazy:

4. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Gonna go to work and wait.. its like fishing without bait.. Just got to wait and catch them...:smile2::wink:

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for the interesting story. That is as exciting as catching a PB. How about the big reward? WTG.

6. SeanT.

SeanT. New Member

State:
    Midlothian, Texas
    Good stuff right there.

theif1 "Dang Billyjoe we need us some cash for some crystal meth."

theif2 "Yea man, Hey looky over yonder Jimbo Bob!! There is a paper machine full of papers, betcha its loaded down with quaters."

theif1 "OHHHYEA!!!! Get tha van while I grabs us a prysbar, we gonna be shooting up in notime."

:smile2::smile2::smile2:

7. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Reckon after a year on the run he was gettin hungry. The reason they get caught is cause they ain't as smart as they think they are. Tryin to open the cash box on a full vending machine, here's your sign ...

8. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    it was only one guy and as for a reward Mikey... Not to my knowlaged.. but I will take one if they got it

9. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    hey look at me im shane and im a de ta de! "spell apple" o r a n g e apple.:smile2:

10. festus

festus New Member

Good job, Shane. A couple of years ago my sister was driving to work in Nashville and heard on the radio a man was killed over $37. They described the killer, long hair, heavy set, over 6' tall, wearing overalls. She happened to see someone like that walking down a sidewalk in town, she called the cops, and sure 'nuff, it was the killer. They caught him and called her back and thanked her.

11. perrycounty.in

perrycounty.in New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Nice job shane. :wink:

12. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    But as for catching the convict good job. luckily he didnt take the crowbar to u. well on the brightside u already had one broken hand....:roll_eyes:

13. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Did you yell SIOP!!! WhiteRiverBlackCloud!?!? Good job- that was probably the punk That tried to sleal my truck.

14. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    good job shane the black cloud strike a convict that night-dam is there not a cop you do not know wait i know a few myself

15. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    It was pefect timing when he showed up ( the Cop ) he took off and i was right behind him.. pretty fun.. Im in the mist of another adventure right now...

16. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    man shane you have a very eventful life lol do you ever sleep at home?

17. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Okay thats it!. Dude you need a cape, all we need is a name fer ya.Hmmm? "The Catfish Cruisader". Yeah I kinda like the sound of that. WTG Shane
    smokey

18. old newbie

old newbie New Member

State:
    indiana
    Shane if you ever lose this job I think Dog the Bounty Hunter would be proud to have you on staff.:big_smile:

19. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    lol WTG bro.